Not My car but still a Problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Not My car but still a Problem

Blackrider
01-25-2004, 05:37 PM
I have been driving my mom's 2003 GT around all week because i'm working on mine, anyways when ever i have the blower on it is misting water into my face, the car is kinda iced up but even when mine is iced up witch it usualy is I still dont have this problem. Does anyone have any Ideas?

P.S. i have already washed the ice off.

Molson
01-25-2004, 05:53 PM
does it smell like coolant?

Blackrider
01-25-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Molson
does it smell like coolant?

Nope Thats what i was thinking

Molson
01-25-2004, 05:59 PM
condensation on the blower/vents/core maybe

just melting off and spraying out at ya

Blackrider
01-25-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Molson
condensation on the blower/vents/core maybe

just melting off and spraying out at ya

thats what i was thinking to, BUT I have never had that problem, and mine sits ouside all the time when Mom is home

Cnix16
01-25-2004, 08:20 PM
NO WAY! ok mine smells like coolant! and it misted me in the face a couple of times but then went away and i had no idea what it was. I need you guys to help me, this smell of coolant in my Heater vents has been going on for so long.

Blackrider
01-25-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Cnix16
NO WAY! ok mine smells like coolant! and it misted me in the face a couple of times but then went away and i had no idea what it was. I need you guys to help me, this smell of coolant in my Heater vents has been going on for so long.

What Jim (molson) was refurring to was the heater core, If it was misting in you face and it smells like Coolant it could be Rupsherd.

Cnix16
01-25-2004, 10:03 PM
sweet, i think i finally have found the problem thanks to you guys.. alright now the other questionsw i have asked but were never answered are. Where is the heater core located, and how much does it cost?! oh man im excited

Jagey
01-26-2004, 12:12 AM
both my 1987 olds and my 92 pontiac transport sprays snow in my face when i first start it if that helps lol lol