seized bolts!!!!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : seized bolts!!!!!

Turbodreams-se
01-26-2004, 09:08 PM
I was trying to change my exhaust gasket today and the bolts are seized up in there! F@#k D@m% grrrr..... This car has ****ed me off for the last time!!!! well maybe not... I will get GM to deal with it... However i called the pontiac dealer to get a quote and they said "what engine? a 2.4? not in a grand am... We only show ecotec and 3.4 in a grand am... so now the 2.4 tc does not exist as far as gm is concerned?!?!?!?!? @!$$@^%@@#!$ Bull Frikkin Sh@@@#!@$#%$^@@% anyways.... what can I do about those bolts?

95-GT
01-26-2004, 09:22 PM
WD40 on it....of it its really siezed...use a torch. Dont use both at the same time tho.

EBlend
01-27-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by 95-GT
WD40 on it....of it its really siezed...use a torch. Dont use both at the same time tho.

hahah, good point :D

try to soak them in wd40, maybe but a bunch of wd40 onto a cloth and then put the cloth on the bolts and leave it overnight

95-GT
01-27-2004, 01:31 AM
you can use the torch after you use thw wd40....it will burn it off really quick. just dont spray wd40 into the torch flame....unless you want to have fun or kill some bees

silverbullet
01-27-2004, 10:49 PM
PB Blaster is another really good penetrating fluid if you don't have access to a torch...plain ol' torch is usually a fix-all when it comes to rusty bolts though...

i've never even looked at the exhaust manifold on our cars, if it is held in by bolts i think you will want to heat up the metal around the bolts (not putting direct heat on the bolts themselves)...this will cause the metal around the bolts to expand slightly and they should back out with no problem...

71Z28RS
01-28-2004, 07:25 AM
I always used WD40 until I discovered PB Blaster. It is quite a spray. I definitely recommend it.

Vintalage
01-28-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Turbodreams-se
I was trying to change my exhaust gasket today and the bolts are seized up in there! F@#k D@m% grrrr..... This car has ****ed me off for the last time!!!! well maybe not... I will get GM to deal with it... However i called the pontiac dealer to get a quote and they said "what engine? a 2.4? not in a grand am... We only show ecotec and 3.4 in a grand am... so now the 2.4 tc does not exist as far as gm is concerned?!?!?!?!? @!$$@^%@@#!$ Bull Frikkin Sh@@@#!@$#%$^@@% anyways.... what can I do about those bolts?

I am truely getting confused now. I thought you had a 2004 Grand am SE?

Turbodreams-se
01-29-2004, 04:48 PM
nope its a 2000 se... I will be taking pictures as soon as i finish this, and a how to.... i have been told my car sounds kind of like a john deere tractor... :woowoo

Vintalage
01-29-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Turbodreams-se
nope its a 2000 se... I will be taking pictures as soon as i finish this, and a how to.... i have been told my car sounds kind of like a john deere tractor... :woowoo

Ok, what is going on here? First, you had a 2000 Grand am SE then you traded it for an '04 Grand am GT. You even talked about trading for a GT and you claimed weeks later that you did. The info under your avatar listed 2004 Pontiac Grand am GT. Then all of a sudden, it changed to 2004 Pontiac Grand am SE. And now, it's back to 2000??? Something is up. :/ :confused:

iceman
01-29-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Vintalage
Ok, what is going on here? First, you had a 2000 Grand am SE then you traded it for an '04 Grand am GT. You even talked about trading for a GT and you claimed weeks later that you did. The info under your avatar listed 2004 Pontiac Grand am GT. Then all of a sudden, it changed to 2004 Pontiac Grand am SE. And now, it's back to 2000??? Something is up. :/ :confused:

You are thinking of a different member.. http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=4238

Vintalage
01-29-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by iceman
You are thinking of a different member.. http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=4238

According to one of TurbodreamsGT's recent posts, the '04 GT was given to his mom because she has nothing to drive. I find it funny that there is a Turbodreams-se and a GT. And like I said, I remember Turbodreams-se info listing 2004 Grand am SE. Now it's 2000. Something is up.

Vintalage
01-29-2004, 05:19 PM
Correction, I forgot one. TurboSE, TurbodreamsGT, Turbodreams-se.

Am I the only one who noticed this? Appearantly not. Like I said, something is up. Info keeps changing. And that's when I smell BS. In the beginning, I somewhat believed he bought a GT. He said he wanted guru to DELETE TurboSE. He stated that "pictures were on the way." That was about 4 months ago. I have yet to see that. Then he said he didn't buy a GT but instead, an SE. He wanted to change his name to Turbodreams-se because of that (something around those lines). So I was like, hmmm. Ok. Lets not jump to conclusions just yet. Then just yesterday, I noticed his info listing a 2000 instead of 2004. And now he's claiming he has a 2000 again.

BS!!!

Read through the latest thread GT was apart of here to see how I came to this conclusion:

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28540&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

And the pics TubrodreamsGT said he would have that never showed up:

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22614

Turbodreams-se
01-29-2004, 10:14 PM
Ok I am not the same person... I am turbodreams-"SE" because I didn't have a gt and I thought someone already had turbodreams... in February of 03 I bought my car, a 2000 se coupe with the 2.4 TC and an ~auto~ tranny :(... I was in Mississippi, and moved to california... does that clear everything up? sorry for any misunderstanding, but you have posted this in a couple of other threads that I posted in too and I didn't get it... Check my N-body page and you will see my car... its a blue se... also that pic in my avatar is my car, although its a night picture from a crappy camera, and the info there says 2000 se. Jeez! anyways, sorry to sound hostile. I just don't want to be confused for someone else.

95-GT
01-29-2004, 10:19 PM
what do this have to do with seized bolts?

Turbodreams-se
01-29-2004, 10:23 PM
nothing... that was an off topic rant on who i am and who i am NOT.... but back to the bolts. I will probably be trying again monday... I am not paying 200 dollars for someone to put in a gasket that I already have which was the dealer's quote.

95-GT
01-29-2004, 10:35 PM
The gasket on the downpipe, or between the cat and resinator?

Vintalage
01-30-2004, 05:35 PM
Sorry about that then Turbodreams-se.

02PONtiac!
01-30-2004, 05:44 PM
Yeah, who gives a hoot!!!!

Turbodreams-se
01-30-2004, 09:32 PM
on the downpipe

95-GT
01-31-2004, 03:17 AM
Be careful of wires when using a torch there. Also...you do know there is a bolt and a nut at the other end, right?

Turbodreams-se
02-02-2004, 12:33 AM
yep the whole thing was on there too tight... I practically had my 165 pound @55 hanging from it under my car... but I got PB blaster... yay!!!! now if only I had a day off before wednesday...

Turbodreams-se
02-04-2004, 11:49 PM
apparently, it wasn't the gaskets that went out but one was pretty close to it... so the amazing ticking sound won't go away... the only other Idea anyone gave me was the rockers... and If I am going to go through that much trouble I am just going to do my 2.3 cam swap sooner than i thought...

swordfencer
02-05-2004, 09:46 AM
Hey Turbo, which dealer did you call? I have been bringing my car up to Woodland Century Buick Pontiac. The people up there are great and I have never had any problems with them. I also have brought my car to Elk Grove, they were ok, but the service techs are idiots. I have heard that Folsom Lake are idiots, and stay away from Bailey and Grahm, that dealer is plain awful.

tonmarchelli
02-05-2004, 11:41 AM
hey swordfencer, i used to ot to school in folsom, man, that place has changed over the years. i went back last year and WOW. sorry to get off topic guys.

swordfencer
02-05-2004, 11:46 AM
yea, no kidding, that place is crazy.

tonmarchelli
02-05-2004, 01:00 PM
i still have to go to In-n-out every time i go back though. no good burger joints up here.

Turbodreams-se
02-06-2004, 04:46 AM
actually I was talking to a dealer up here in yuba city... that's the closest dealer to me... I don't actually live in sacramento but am down there alot. but It was Dow Lewis if it makes a difference. So Woodland Century is pretty good? I will have to make a couple calls down there.

swordfencer
02-06-2004, 09:24 AM
Yea, Woodland has been great. They have replaced and repaired everything that has gone wrong with the car. They are a smaller dealer that relies on people referring them. In other words, they have no advertising budget. I know CHP brings their cars there, as well as people from Davis and Vacaville.

gaowners32
12-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Correction, I forgot one. TurboSE, TurbodreamsGT, Turbodreams-se.

Am I the only one who noticed this? Appearantly not. Like I said, something is up. Info keeps changing. And that's when I smell BS. In the beginning, I somewhat believed he bought a GT. He said he wanted guru to DELETE TurboSE. He stated that "pictures were on the way." That was about 4 months ago. I have yet to see that. Then he said he didn't buy a GT but instead, an SE. He wanted to change his name to Turbodreams-se because of that (something around those lines). So I was like, hmmm. Ok. Lets not jump to conclusions just yet. Then just yesterday, I noticed his info listing a 2000 instead of 2004. And now he's claiming he has a 2000 again.

BS!!!

Read through the latest thread GT was apart of here to see how I came to this conclusion:

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28540&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

And the pics TubrodreamsGT said he would have that never showed up:

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22614

I can just feel the love lol