Transmission Help [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Help

jsos431
01-27-2004, 05:32 PM
i took my car into get the transmission looked at. it is still under warranty so it needed to be done. it shifts hard sometimes and hesitates sometimes but only sometimes. it could happen one day and then not the next day. i have a Jet Module and the dealer said that the wires connected to the MAP sensor and the TPS is defect for some reason and is throwing codes. they are saying because of that the transmission is shifting hard and sometimes hesitates. i don't think that is right but i know you guys know more about this than me. thanks.

AznGA
01-27-2004, 05:34 PM
I have the similar problem. I am taking it in for service, but I just wanna know what's going on.

cals400ex
02-11-2004, 11:22 PM
i have a problem with mine wanting to hesitate on the 1-2 shift. who knows, but i don't want to pay a big bill to get it fixed.

AznGA
02-11-2004, 11:28 PM
Most likely it's some electrical problem since our tranny is electronically controlled. If the tranny itself is worn out, it would slip ALL THE TIME.

EBlend
02-11-2004, 11:49 PM
maybe sparking plug wires? i heard this happening with that, i think happens on mine too, but i got some MSD on the way :D

AznGA
02-11-2004, 11:54 PM
Things like line pressure, tranny fluid, solenoid can go wrong.