Hardware for Laptop to hook up to G/A? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Hardware for Laptop to hook up to G/A?

fastws6ta
01-30-2004, 12:30 PM
:confused: Where would I go to find the hardware and software (If even available) to use with my laptop so I can hook it up to my G/A and T/A to do some diagnostics and whatever other fancy things I can find out?
Ricers can't be the only ones to do this right? I tried doing a search, but did not come up with anything useful.

Thanx
:boogie:

Blackrider
01-30-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by fastws6ta
:confused: Where would I go to find the hardware and software (If even available) to use with my laptop so I can hook it up to my G/A and T/A to do some diagnostics and whatever other fancy things I can find out?
Ricers can't be the only ones to do this right? I tried doing a search, but did not come up with anything useful.

Thanx
:boogie:

Your talking about Stand Alone Engine Managment, And you if you dont have crazy mods i wouldent bother. Spend your money elcewere for now.

djrkd
01-30-2004, 02:49 PM
you can get an ODB-2 reader, which will cost u about 100$. And pretty much give u alot of engine stats, but u wont be able to change anything.

asepgrad98
01-30-2004, 02:51 PM
http://obddiagnostics.com/

Blackrider
01-30-2004, 02:53 PM
Tech 2 makes an ODB2 scanner.

Turbodreams-se
01-30-2004, 08:45 PM
how does gm program the ecu's? I want to leave everything the same except for my transmission shift points and the speed limiter. I am sure somebody has some software/ hardware or even has a gm hookup... just a thought...

Blackrider
01-30-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Turbodreams-se
how does gm program the ecu's? I want to leave everything the same except for my transmission shift points and the speed limiter. I am sure somebody has some software/ hardware or even has a gm hookup... just a thought...

DHP

Matt's99GT
01-31-2004, 10:03 AM
Until Hypertech makes one for our cars, you pretty much are stuck. Hypertech makes the power programmer which will do exactly what you want. You might try contacting them to see what they have or recommend. They do have them for Camaros, Mustangs, etc.