Odd Drivers Side Power Window Problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Odd Drivers Side Power Window Problem

dahvaio
02-02-2004, 05:44 PM
I have another odd problem with my car. In the morning whenever I drive to work all the power windows in my car work. However, in the afternoon when I go to drive somewhere the Driver's side power window does not work. All the other windows work.

I thought maybe this could be due to a loose wire, but it has happened the same way everyday for the last 4 days. I drive to work at 0730 and I test all the windows and they roll up and down fine. At around 1200 when I drive somewhere to lunch, the driver's side window has stopped working.

Any insight into this weird dilemma? I'm going to take apart the door this weekend to see whats up but wanted some info before I do anything.

Thanks,
David

SC/TGrandAm
02-02-2004, 06:14 PM
they must have installed that clock in your car that went set disbles your buttons.

no j/k. Im going to guess your harness is coming loose or you've got a wire that is shorting out or something. Have you taken off your door panel lately to put in speakers or anything?

Worst case scenerio your regulator is going out which is fairly common. Ive got an 02 and had to replace my drivers side regulator twice and the window clips 3 times and im due for another.

71Z28RS
02-03-2004, 05:37 AM
I'm going to agree with SC/TGrandAm. It sounds electrical. Since you're in sunny CA and you actually still have warmth there, I would guess that by the time the car gets hot from the afternoon sun, you lose the connection. Poor connections or components on the fritz (your regulator) aren't close friends with heat. I'd take the door panel off and check your wire harnesses. I'd disconnect them and use a little bit of di-electric grease. If that doesn't work, I'll guess it's the regulator motor.