Rear Bumper replacement [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Rear Bumper replacement

jenny22
02-02-2004, 07:21 PM
Well an Icey Freeway got me. I was going too fast started to fish tail left then over compansated and fish tailed right into a guard rail. luckily only my rear bumper hit it, pratically right in the middle.

The rear bumper needs to be replaced (all plactic?) I have been looking online and all is see is rear bumper cover replacements for the SE model for about $250. I have a Silver GT. Where can I find a replacement for this? Is the SE one the same as the GT one? And how much would it cost to paint one if needed?

I have a $500 insurance deductible I think I can come in under that if I replace it myself, and then my insurance rates won't go up.

Does anyone know the answers to my questions?

Thanks

Jenny

XMBlackGT1
02-02-2004, 07:33 PM
Well, I just had to have mine replaced a month ago because I was rearended and it cracked the bumper. The total cost for a replacement bumper, paint and install was just shy of 1100 bucks. Hope this helps. Mine is a black GT.

GTLUVA
02-02-2004, 08:03 PM
I had to replace mine in October due to Tahoe backing into me which caused a nice and ugly gash in my bumper. Mine repair bill came to $752.00 and my car is galaxy silver.

I had my car in the bodyshop again on Friday to get my sct hood installed and I got an free paint job on my hood because they have lots of silver paint available at the dealership. I only had to pay $934.60 for the hood and another $242.00 for labor plus taxes.:)

Stacy

Sleepwalkr
02-02-2004, 08:59 PM
I see you live in Kansas City..... if you wanna drive to Colorado Springs, I'll get you a brand new bumper, remove, paint it, and re-install it for like $400. You're looking at probably close to $250 for a brand new bumper, or around $150 for a refurbished one. Try looking at your local car junkyard, and if they don't have one, a larger Pontiac dealer should have new ones. Painting it should cost you anything from $100 to $300 depending on where you go. You could probably save yourself the money and remove & install the bumper yourself, but if you're unsure of it, have it professionally done. That would probably be around another $50 to $100.

AznGA
02-02-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by XMBlackGT1
Well, I just had to have mine replaced a month ago because I was rearended and it cracked the bumper. The total cost for a replacement bumper, paint and install was just shy of 1100 bucks. Hope this helps. Mine is a black GT.
$1100 US ?
Are you serious? That's a ripoff.

XMBlackGT1
02-03-2004, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by AznGA
$1100 US ?
Are you serious? That's a ripoff.

Thats the lowest quote I could find, and that was with a discount!

jenny22
02-03-2004, 08:50 AM
Thanks for all the info.

Does anyone know if the SE and GT bumpers are the same, mine is a 2000 model. Also anyone know of a good web site to buy bumpers from?

Thanks

Jenny

AznGA
02-03-2004, 09:03 AM
SE and GT bumpers are different.

Sleepwalkr
02-03-2004, 06:02 PM
Yeah, SE & GT bumpers are different. If you can't find any on a website, you could try here on the forum. Lots of people here have taken off their GT bumpers to put on body kits, maybe one of these guys still has theirs and will sell it to you for a decent price. Try posting in the "Stuff wanted, Stuff for sale" category. I could sell you mine but then my car would look really silly without the rear bumper on it.