A/F Gauge Installation Pigtail - $15.99 how do you install this.? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : A/F Gauge Installation Pigtail - $15.99 how do you install this.?

FORTEEN3GT
02-08-2004, 06:55 PM
A/F Gauge Installation Pigtail - $15.99

how do you install one of these gauges? where does it hook-up?
do you have to connect the A/F gauge to the o2 sensor?? thanks

Blackrider
02-08-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by FORTEEN3GT
A/F Gauge Installation Pigtail - $15.99

how do you install one of these gauges? where does it hook-up?
do you have to connect the A/F gauge to the o2 sensor?? thanks

The Pigtale connect to the stock O2 Sensor harness and runs an extra wire that you can connect your gauge to.

FORTEEN3GT
02-09-2004, 03:07 PM
can you explain this a little bit clearer....do you have to connect it to your cat??

Blackrider
02-09-2004, 03:13 PM
can you explain this a little bit clearer....do you have to connect it to your cat??

k you have your O2 Sensor their are wires comming out of it going into a plastic connector the connector plugs into another connector that goes to the main harness.

the Pig tail connect to the O2 sensor connector then to the main harness connector and the pig tail has an extra wire comming off it. that you can connect to the A/F gauge. it saves you from having splice into anything.

FORTEEN3GT
02-09-2004, 03:31 PM
where in the car is this located....pictures???

i appreciate your help!

i really need to look into one of these....i think rich and lean are issues!

Blackrider
02-09-2004, 03:39 PM
where in the car is this located....pictures???

i appreciate your help!

i really need to look into one of these....i think rich and lean are issues!

K the o2 sensor is on your rear exhayst manifold, the pig tail will just feed the sensor wire for the A/F gauge, witch is the last thing you should be using to tell if your running lean or ritch, You will probably want to hook up to a tech 2 or something like that.

FORTEEN3GT
02-09-2004, 03:47 PM
and i thought this was just plug and play install?!!

Blackrider
02-09-2004, 04:18 PM
and i thought this was just plug and play install?!!

it is, the only thing you have to do is disco the O2 sensor from the main harness plug the 02 sensor into the pig tail and plug the main harness connector into the pigtail, then run your wiring for the gauge and connect the prigtail to the gauge