2001 Clutch adjustment? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Clutch adjustment?

zx7ninja
02-09-2004, 01:02 PM
I have a 2001 2.4, and my clutch is catching too high for my liking. It's been slowly catching higher and higher over the past few months. I know in my gf's old civic when it did this we were able to adjust it so it caught lower again. Anyone know if, and where this adjustment would be on the GA?
Or....can I just use this as an excuse to get a performance clutch, and mods to go with it? He he he he he...
Seriously though, anyone know?

tenspeed
02-09-2004, 05:48 PM
It's a hydraulic clutch. I don't think that there is an adjustment. It sounds like the clutch might be wearing out. How many miles on it?

zx7ninja
02-10-2004, 09:58 AM
Damn. I kinda figure that was the case. I looked and looked, but couldn't find one. I do believe you are right, and that it is hydraulic, and it probably wouldn't have one, but figured i'd ask anyway. You never know.
As far as mileage, I just hit 28k. Not bad for a 2001. I take it real easy most of the time, so I don't know why it's wearing out already. This sucks.

Any other ideas? If not, it's off to the performance section for clutch suggestions. Maybe a new 11 lb. flywheel while i'm at it. :D