window clicks? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : window clicks?

juanvan
02-09-2004, 04:44 PM
How do you know if its the window motor or the regulator. The car has not been used in a while and the passanger side window will not go down.. makes a clicking noise but no mogo

zeddsdead
02-09-2004, 05:29 PM
i still have this problem time and again. what i do is i punch the arm rest up near where the window switches are and viola! it starts working again. however, i dont get any clicking to begin with. that might be something else....goodluck.

juanvan
02-09-2004, 07:57 PM
hhahahahaaha now that is an idea ~ I will look in to it but think a hammer will do better hehe - already got the door apart so it should be easy ;) if all else fails I will take bertha to it then get a whole new one that should work

juanvan
02-10-2004, 05:25 PM
Well it worked LOL took a wrench to it a couple of wacks later and who would have guessed it but the window went down HAHAHA maybe u just can't hear the clicking noise b/c of the door being on ~ had mine off
Thanks for the advice ;)

zeddsdead
02-10-2004, 06:00 PM
i was crossing my fingers for ya.

i posted about this odd remedy some time ago. a good punch on the arm rest always seems to work so far.

19GrandAmGT99
02-10-2004, 09:29 PM
hey just to let you know my window was clickin for awhile. it finally broke, it was the winow clip. i noticed when i went to the junkyard that the 2 cars i went into were broke to. the clip brakes were it attaches to the rail on the backside. the window might not stop workin but it made some clickin noises every so often. i had to get 2 clips for the front of the window and wled up one of them to fit the back. works great now but def keep an eye on it cause if it breaks at 9:30 at night on new years eve like it did with me you'll be ****ed.

RiChWhA
02-10-2004, 11:56 PM
or at 11:00 at night on the way back to school. that sucks too. luckly i was close to home so i could get my other car.

juanvan
02-11-2004, 06:47 AM
I will take a look at those clips thx :)

juanvan
02-12-2004, 06:54 AM
Well window stopped again ordered a motor for it ~ thx though worked for 1 day lol

Was not the motor at all lol seems when the one switch is out the window will not go down :banghead stupied but
what ever...