F U Security [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : F U Security

Kodeblue
02-09-2004, 07:00 PM
On Saturday, I went to the grocery store. My gas light had been empty with the light for a bit because I was trying to see how many KM I was getting per tank without running out. Well, after coming oput of the grocery store and getting in my car, it would not start. It just kept turning over. I stopped cranking it over after a bit and had noticed the security light flashing on the dash. Now this has never happened before so i was quite puzzled as to what was going on. I had seen the light come on while driving on occasion and just stay on but it would go off after I turned the car off and restarted it. Anyways, I read my owner's manual, while sitting in the cold car, and it said to leave key in the on postion for 10 minutes and the light will stop flashing. After this has happened, turn key off and restart car. I did this and things were good after that and I have had no probs since then.

Now, why in the heck did that light come on, does it think I am trying to steal my own car or something?? That sucks and I would hate to have that happen if I were out of town. Any help on this would be apreciated.

Thanks.

mr_eh
02-09-2004, 07:15 PM
you were driving around low on gas on purpose ?

gporritt
02-09-2004, 07:25 PM
I had the same problem with my 2001 Alero that I owned for 1/12 years. I kept taking it to the Dealership and having them look at it and they could never pinpoint the problem. Finally, they said they think that one of the battery cells were bad. So, that could be what is wrong with yours. Just have the dealership look at it.

Grand AM Sam II
02-09-2004, 07:32 PM
a few times in the couple years ive owned my car the security light has come on and stayed on till i got where i was going and eventually turned off the car...i dont know why that would happen, but it hasnt done it lately... dont know if this has happened to anyone else... ive never had it flash and cause the car to not start tho...

Kodeblue
02-09-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by mr_eh
you were driving around low on gas on purpose ? Well, I know how far I HAVE driven before with the low fuel light on and this time I had not driven no where near as far. I just wanted to know what KM's I could get per tank of fuel.

Originally posted by gporritt
Finally, they said they think that one of the battery cells were bad. So, that could be what is wrong with yours. Just have the dealership look at it. ACtually, I do have a bad alternator or battery. I had to boost it today and when I put in my LED's, I had the interior light on for about 10 minutes and the battery went dead. How could this affect the security light though?

gporritt
02-09-2004, 07:41 PM
When the light on my Alero came on the car wouldn't do anything, just crank over and over again. Unitl you reset it with the key for 10 min or take it to the dealership