nos question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : nos question

gtfromhell
02-10-2004, 06:15 PM
anyone know what number fuel an nitrous jets to use for 75 / 100 / 125 horse nos wet system ? it's on a 99 ga gt.

71Z28RS
02-11-2004, 08:28 AM
If it's an N2O kit from NOS....I'm sure if you called NOS's customer support number they can help you out with that one. NOS is owned by Holley and I've always had good experiences in dealing with Holley's technical support department.

e-mail: NOS@holley.com
phone: (270) 781-9741
(they're in California, so don't stay on the phone too long)

By the way, if you do have a system by NOS, you just made my day for wording it properly, "....to use for 75 / 100 / 125 horse nos wet system..." Rock on! (see below for my pet peev rant)

(off topic rant.......for people who don't know....NOS isn't a gas, it's a company who makes nitrous systems. Nitrous Oxide Systems Inc. Too many people refer to having nitrous as "I've got nos" when it isn't a kit from NOS.....nitrous gas is N2O. Even if it is a kit from NOS, NOS doesn't even call their systems "nos", they call them "Nitrous systems by NOS". I wouldn't say "I've got Crane", when I really meant I've got a Crane cam. Even worse, I wouldn't say "I've got Crane" when I had an Erson cam............I guess we can thank The Fast and the Furious for promoting this crap terminology.......end of off topic rant)

PACE
02-11-2004, 08:39 AM
:wtf I thought anything that sprayed into your intake was........um.......NAAAAWWWSSSSZZZZ

:)

71Z28RS
02-11-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by PACE
:wtf I thought anything that sprayed into your intake was........um.......NAAAAWWWSSSSZZZZ

:)

*banana* Well, call me a banana riding a seal.....I must be mistaken! My most sincere apologies!!!!! :p

PACE
02-11-2004, 09:13 AM
You mean a banana riding a Walama !

71Z28RS
02-11-2004, 09:17 AM
Or a banana riding a Wallama with nos!

gtfromhell
02-11-2004, 09:50 PM
your welcome for wording it properly , that nos thing bugs the hell out of me 2. but i herd that the company n.o.s would'nt
let them use there systems on the movie unless they used nos as a word rather than a brand name logo due to worry of lawsuits
and stuff, and they wanted to use the systems cause there the most recognisable as n2o so i guess we'll just have to put up with the kids sayin nos nos all the time.
tell ya what the next time ya see vin diesel smack em in the back of the head for me 2

oh yah how did ya go about gettin that seal bananna thing ?

71Z28RS
02-12-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by gtfromhell
the next time ya see vin diesel smack em in the back of the head for me 2

oh yah how did ya go about gettin that seal bananna thing ?

Consider him smacked!

Oh, for the banana guy.....just quote someone and there is a little window of "Smilies" options to the left. Click the "Get More" and it brings up 50-some different ones. The banana dude is definitely my favorite. *banana*

gtfromhell
02-12-2004, 07:08 PM
Oh, for the banana guy.....just quote someone and there is a little window of "Smilies" options to the left. Click the "Get More" and it brings up 50-some different ones. The banana dude is definitely my favorite. *banana* [/B][/QUOTE] :banghead
thanks man i did'nt even notice that there.
u gota big block in that camaro.

71Z28RS
02-13-2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by gtfromhell
u gota big block in that camaro.

Not yet. It's still quite the shell. Rust-free and straight as an arrow, but right now I've got it completely stripped. I'm going to start on a mini-tub/strange 35 spline 9"/Detroit locker install this spring. After that comes front suspension rebuild then paint then 8pt cage then interior then engine and trans. I'm planning to build up my own 502 with a higher compression and different valvetrain and heads than the crate version comes with. I'd be happy with 550hp or so. But my project timeline is mostly money oriented so I don't see it getting finished for a few years yet. Still alot of work to do and alot of cash to spend.

gtfromhell
02-13-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by 71Z28RS
Not yet. It's still quite the shell. Rust-free and straight as an arrow, but right now I've got it completely stripped. I'm going to start on a mini-tub/strange 35 spline 9"/Detroit locker install this spring. After that comes front suspension rebuild then paint then 8pt cage then interior then engine and trans. I'm planning to build up my own 502 with a higher compression and different valvetrain and heads than the crate version comes with. I'd be happy with 550hp or so. But my project timeline is mostly money oriented so I don't see it getting finished for a few years yet. Still alot of work to do and alot of cash to spend.

sounds like your buildin a hold the f++k on car thats cool i used to have a few camaro's back in the day 76 's, not as cool of a body style as yur 71 but oh well. sold em all to buy a 68 dodge
r/t charger dat car was tight. built to sh=t 440 , 50 series mickys on centerlines sublime green. she'd pull a pretty good wheelie
on a hot day with rinkels on her ran an 11.09 all day w/out nitrous mid 10's with nitrous thats dam good for a big heavy
street boat. man i miss that car. it only lasted three weeks after i sold it to some dude that raped i around a pole. o well life is full of cars that we wished we would have kept. later.