Fog Light Problem, Other Electrical Problems. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fog Light Problem, Other Electrical Problems.

ErikS
02-11-2004, 12:42 AM
I've got a 96 GT and I've got a major fog light problem, I've replaced the bulbs with Silverstars and replaced the switch in the dash and they still don't work I even checked the small block of fuses under the hood with one of those fuse tester thingsÖ any ideas to what it could be, I just hope it's not some ridiculous thing where I'm going to have to rewire them thatís a whole lot of negative fun.

Iíve also got another weird electrical problem, every once and a while my car pulls a 440 evap malfunction code then if I pull the negative battery cable to reset the computer the car doesn't pull the code for like a whole month, is this even worth getting fixed or is it some weird sensor problem?

Finally (I swear Iím done :-P) Iíve got to re-key my ignition the key comes out at every position but I donít want a new key. What kind of part am I looking for so the locksmith can re-key it?

I've learned a lot from the forums and I just want to thank you guys for taking the time to read my post. :wave:

ArcticGT
02-11-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by ErikS
I've got a 96 GT and I've got a major fog light problem, I've replaced the bulbs with Silverstars and replaced the switch in the dash and they still don't work I even checked the small block of fuses under the hood with one of those fuse tester thingsÖ any ideas to what it could be, I just hope it's not some ridiculous thing where I'm going to have to rewire them thatís a whole lot of negative fun.

Did you have the problem before you put the silverstars in? Have you tried putting the factory bulbs back in? If I remember correctly, the fuse for the fog lights is in the panel next to the instrument cluster on the 96s. I had a 96 V6 SE. I have the feeling, either the silverstars are not compatable with the system or that you are blowing fuses in the panel.

Originally posted by ErikS
Iíve also got another weird electrical problem, every once and a while my car pulls a 440 evap malfunction code then if I pull the negative battery cable to reset the computer the car doesn't pull the code for like a whole month, is this even worth getting fixed or is it some weird sensor problem?

If you keep pulling the same code, either you definately have a EVAP malfunction or your sensor has gone bad and it needs to be replaced.

juanvan
02-12-2004, 09:38 PM
Finally (I swear Iím done :-P) Iíve got to re-key my ignition the key comes out at every position but I donít want a new key. What kind of part am I looking for so the locksmith can re-key it?

A new key if warn ~ locksmish can use the tumbler as a map to make a new one
A new ignition if you can start it with a screw driver or the tumblers are warn