dumb air filter question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : dumb air filter question

cwcole
02-12-2004, 02:57 PM
I installed a cai several month, and all the nice benefits came along with it : more power and nice engine/exhaust sound

now it feels like i lost all the nice benefits, is this cause my filter is dirty? and if my filter is dirty this quickly do i need a bigger cone?

Kdawg207
02-12-2004, 02:58 PM
cone size is fine...might be dirty...get's dirtier than you think in there

i wait till winter is completely over then I clean it...then again right before winter starts again

klc317
02-12-2004, 03:07 PM
I chose to take mine out recently until winter is over. The filter kept getting wet from driving through snow/slush. I could shine a flashlight up in there and would be dripping like crazy. I didn't even drive through anything deep.

matts
02-12-2004, 08:43 PM
you probably just don't notice the effects anymore because you're used to them. when you have something after so long you get used to it. like when i first put the tv in my truck i played with it all the time, but now that i've had it for a while it's just no big deal anymore. same thing holds true for engine mods.

i'd do what klc317 did. but snow and slush isn't an issue around here, but if it is in your area it might be worth it in the long run to spend an hour or so and put the stock intake back on :)