help tranny severed from axel [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : help tranny severed from axel

mts8008
02-13-2004, 04:18 PM
hey guys i have a 2000 grand am gt with 70k miles i have done some upgrades such as dhp chip cai and a slp cat back exhaust well here is my situation first my water pump was leaking so i fixed then my lower intake manifold gasket followed and wow i must say that sucked once again i fixed my problem no harm no foul untill yesterday i was driving home when my car sounded kinda choppy sunddenly my speedomoter read 0 so i tryed to restart the car still my speed read 0 so im driving figuring its something simple when i throttle just ups and stops accelerating so i pull over and then it starts working i thought maybe my coil ignition was defective being that its brand new anyways i made it home but my transmission had a big ass slip and to my suprise i find a vacoom hose under the hood is severed and evan worse a puddle of what i thought to be oil under it i gave my car a quick once over when i saw a little build up near my oil sending unit and dummy distributor (a small circle with a stem going into the block and an o ring infamous for leaking) so to my point today i go to start it up and see if it leaks and there is no leak untill i put the car in gear and it at first slowly moves then the car stopped completly i look under the car and see tranny fluid ****ing out and that my transmiision was in 2 peices it cracked about 4 inches from the joint for the front right axel and my rim was slightly bent aswell i have never seen anything like it completly severed with a 1 inch gap its amazing i evan got home

so now im screwed and thinking it might be cheaper just to convert to stick if anyone has any imput or ideas please post i was thinking maybe the lemon laws or some type of warrenty might cover it since i have only bought it 9 monthes ago

p.s sorry for the dragging story i always sucked at writing

mts8008
02-13-2004, 04:22 PM
also obviously my service engine soon light is on

Blackrider
02-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Yeah Sounds like you Through the spider gear or the ping holding it in at least.

As for A MTX conversion being cheaper I would rethink that one lol

Clutch 500
Tranny 2-500
Linkage 2-500
Custome Axles 500-1000
The joy af building and welding new mounts Pricless

zx7ninja
02-13-2004, 04:47 PM
Y'know, seems to me I heard this one other time on here, months ago. I never did hear the resolution though.

kubiache
02-13-2004, 04:58 PM
OT: Does the period button on your keyboard work?

Since you just bought it do you have any type of warranty on it? I've never heard of anything that severe. That's pretty wild.

95-GT
02-13-2004, 06:10 PM
Happened to me.

kubiache
02-13-2004, 06:16 PM
^ Oh yeah...but your's was kinda..."special" for lack of a better word. That was some idiot's fault, didn't really just happen.