Putting in a new e-brake cable... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Putting in a new e-brake cable...

LukeD
02-16-2004, 11:21 AM
Ive determined my e-brake cable must be stretched. How would I go about installing a new one? (I'm guessing this is a big job)

AznGA
02-16-2004, 02:34 PM
Ya, it's not that easy. It took my dealer about 2 hours.

Jagey
02-16-2004, 02:36 PM
the perfect solution to this is to understand that it's an automatic, and never use it again.

LukeD
02-16-2004, 05:58 PM
Hey AznGA, how much did it run you?

AznGA
02-16-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Jagey
the perfect solution to this is to understand that it's an automatic, and never use it again.
Even if it's an auto, it never hurts to use the parking brake. I just don't like it when my car rolls a bit when I park.

AznGA
02-16-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by LukeD
Hey AznGA, how much did it run you?
It was done under warranty.
I damaged it by doing some drifting in snow.
:)

Blackrider
02-16-2004, 08:24 PM

I use mine all the time, If you are going to park on on incline put it on, for the simple reason that it puts less stress on the driveline.

Gt00
02-16-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Blackrider
I use mine all the time, If you are going to park on on incline put it on, for the simple reason that it puts less stress on the driveline. *iagree* Keeps it from seizing up also . :thumbs:

Jagey
02-16-2004, 11:05 PM
I use mine all the time, If you are going to park on on incline put it on, for the simple reason that it puts less stress on the driveline.

but there aren't any inclines, the prairies are flatter than a pancake.

AznGA
02-16-2004, 11:17 PM
Why would you not use it all the time? I mean even if you put it in Park, the car would still move.
Plus we have nice handbrakes. I hate those foot parking brakes. They are so gay.

Panacea
02-16-2004, 11:18 PM
but there aren't any inclines, the prairies are flatter than a pancake.

^^^ That's your fault for living in the tundra! Get back to civilization you hippie!!!

Blackrider
02-16-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by AznGA
Why would you not use it all the time? I mean even if you put it in Park, the car would still move.

No no it wont move vary far.

Blackrider
02-16-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Panacea
^^^ That's your fault for living in the tundra! Get back to civilization you hippie!!!

Them Fighting words for a fellow Manitoben.

Panacea
02-16-2004, 11:24 PM
Them Fighting words for a fellow Manitoben.

Eat my ass, you wouldn't be able to tell your ass from your head with the lifelessness where you guys live! That and your damn sled dogs are probably inbred like the rest of you hippies ;) heheh

AznGA
02-16-2004, 11:27 PM
No no it wont move vary far.
I know that. But it will still move A LITTLE BIT.

Blackrider
02-16-2004, 11:38 PM
Eat my ass, you wouldn't be able to tell your ass from your head with the lifelessness where you guys live! That and your damn sled dogs are probably inbred like the rest of you hippies ;) heheh

Aww more fighting words, you poor poor uneducated american Hillbilly. :tool: :p

Panacea
02-16-2004, 11:42 PM
What's wrong with my edumacation? Why do you Canadian's always bring up the intelligence? Asshat!

Anyway to keep it on topic, uhh, I use my ebrake on inclines, would rather not have my car rock back when I first put it in park, afraid it'll mess something up. Plus I use it so it doesn't seize up on me. That, and I'd rather have a working one durin the winter time :) Which for you Cuhnadian's is every day :)

Jagey
02-16-2004, 11:48 PM

isn't it my advantage that the people who built my city didn't build it on the side of a cliff or a rocky disgusting field like your town probably is?:D :D :D

Panacea
02-16-2004, 11:53 PM
isn't it my advantage that the people who built my city didn't build it on the side of a cliff or a rocky disgusting field like your town probably is?:D :D :D

Not really. You can't have a basement cause the idiots built on permafrost... yackass! :p

Jagey
02-17-2004, 12:01 AM
everyone has a basement around here, damn fine basements i might add. Do you also think we drive electric cars because we plug them in in the winter? lol lol lol

Panacea
02-17-2004, 12:02 AM
Yes, yes I do :)