headliner? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : headliner?

99whitegagt
02-16-2004, 11:31 AM
Ok, I've done a search and found a bunch of threads about how much a pain in the A$$ it is to remove it, but couldnt find any on how exactly to remove it. Any info would be great.

99whitegagt
02-16-2004, 11:55 AM
yeah nevermind i got it down.. it was fairly easy..... All you do is remove the visor base's. 2 phillips screws each. then the clip part for the visors.. gently pry off. Now the tricky part... the overhead cubby thing.... there are clips in the front part "closest to windshield' the back 2 (twords rear) are cliped into the headliner not the car. so gently pry off the forward part of the cubby. thats it for the front. then over the rear seats there are 2 push clips twords the center of the car gently pry those off and down comes the headliner. This is for 99+ gagt 2dr w/ no sunroof

matts
02-16-2004, 10:05 PM
what kind of headliner are you putting in place of it? i've got suede in my truck and it's pretty pimp :D. i'm gonna do the same to my girlfriends car and put a raised pontiac logo in the center of the car

99whitegagt
02-17-2004, 11:34 AM
yeah im gonna do somekind of white... not sure what material yet. off-toppic. You like ur compvr? i had just the 12" in a ported box and it bumped.. hows the 18" sound?

Jagey
02-17-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by 99whitegagt
yeah im gonna do somekind of white... not sure what material yet. off-toppic. You like ur compvr? i had just the 12" in a ported box and it bumped.. hows the 18" sound?

even more off topic, i love what you've done with your interior. Nice color choices:thumbs:

matts
02-19-2004, 09:20 PM
the 18 does a little more than bump lol. that SOB moves some air. the trunk lid moves a 1/4 inch easily when i've got it turned up. and the entire thing is lined in dynamat. and it's in a ported box too

check for some suede. my suede didn't actually cost me much more than just a regular fabric one. i wanted to do leather but it was going to cost me almost $300 just for material and then about another $75 for labor