CD stuck in player? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : CD stuck in player?

GreatGraySkwid
02-16-2004, 03:31 PM
OK, I've got the Monsoon system with the single-disk MP3 player.

Thursday night I was listening to an older CD, and it was skipping something awful (my wife had it for a while, hence it was all scratched up). I gave up on it and switched over to Radio. Well, when I tried to eject the disc on Sunday...no happy. It didn't even seem to think there was a disc in the player...

Is there anything I can do, here, or should I just take it to the dealer? Would that be covered by warranty?

acdc1a
02-16-2004, 03:33 PM
Take it to the dealer. It'll be covered under warranty. Don't let them tell you any different. If they say that you should check to see if the CD was scratched or dirty, ask them if they do. But definitely see no problem here.

K2737
02-16-2004, 03:33 PM
My friends old JVC kameleon cd player would do this everytime he wanted to eject a cd. So we would just shove a knife in when we hit the eject button and out the cd would come. lol Do I recomend doing this? No. Since you have an '04 I say bring it to the dealer. Or you can have my base cd player out of my '01 and I will take your MP3 cd player. :D

GreatGraySkwid
02-18-2004, 06:59 AM
WTF?

Just called the dealership and they said they'd have to remove the whole unit, send it away for a couple of days, and that it would take a couple of days, unless they had a replacement on hand.

Does that sound whack to anybody else? That a stuck CD would require unit replacement?

2002AmSE
02-18-2004, 07:36 AM
I have the monsoon deck, but without the monsoon amp, the stupid POS thing says "Check CD" and i have to reinsert discs about 6 times before it accepts them, and now its eject/insert mechanism is slowing down. I should bring it in for warrenty, I'm sure ill get a new one

GTLUVA
02-18-2004, 07:40 AM
I'm attached to XM Radio I have a cd player and a cassette player that I ony used twice:p

Stacy

peeps
02-18-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by GreatGraySkwid
WTF?

Just called the dealership and they said they'd have to remove the whole unit, send it away for a couple of days, and that it would take a couple of days, unless they had a replacement on hand.

Does that sound whack to anybody else? That a stuck CD would require unit replacement? Sounds about right....

K2737
02-18-2004, 12:17 PM
Don't forget you are dealing with GM here.

Originally posted by GreatGraySkwid
WTF?

Does that sound whack to anybody else? That a stuck CD would require unit replacement?

plourded
02-19-2004, 06:57 AM
Happened to me twice with a CD-R couldn't get it out, turn off the car for a couple of minute open the door (to turn off radio). Then the CD came out.

Dan00GPGT
02-19-2004, 08:17 AM
Did you try sticking another CD in to see if it would start the load/unload motors working? Maybe it will gag and puke the other CD back out.

Gm sends it away because they do not repair stereos in house. It goes out and gets repaired then returned to you. As with many electronics, getting a used one off of Ebay or the forum is usually cheaper than getting the old one repaired (unless you're under warranty).

dennistowell
02-28-2004, 02:00 PM
my friend had this happen to him and he gave up trying to get it out. then like a week after that we went ot replace his battery and when we disconected the battery cable and put the new on one the CD layer spit out the CD. i think since the power to the whole car was shut off it like reset itself and decide to give up and let go of the CD. i would try this and see what happens before you take it to the dealer