Help Fast!!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Help Fast!!!

2003GAGT
02-17-2004, 03:18 PM
I pulled the battery out of my grand am to put in my cavalier so I could move that car..(cavalier doesnt have a battery in it)

I put the battery back in the grand am and when i put the key in the on position, all the lights and radio come on, but when i go to crank it, all the lights shut off and nothing happens.

Ideas anyone??? What fuses should I check?

Rogue9
02-17-2004, 03:35 PM
erm... Alternator on Cavalier dead, all power drained to move cavalier....

now only enough power for lights and stereo but not crank on grand am???

just cause everything lights up doesn't mean the battery's good to crank. found that out the hard way... heh...

Check under the hood for the vital fuses... if you have a battery tester try that.
if you have a battery charger or some way to jump the car try that....

Worst case the starter decided to kick the bucket?

2003GAGT
02-17-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Rogue9
erm... Alternator on Cavalier dead, all power drained to move cavalier....

now only enough power for lights and stereo but not crank on grand am???

just cause everything lights up doesn't mean the battery's good to crank. found that out the hard way... heh...

Check under the hood for the vital fuses... if you have a battery tester try that.
if you have a battery charger or some way to jump the car try that....

Worst case the starter decided to kick the bucket?
Thanks for the reply but I ended up blowing the PCM ACC fuse somehow. Actually, the reason it blew is related to me screwing around with my new head unit....but I'm not going to get into that. I put a new one in there and it started up right away.

I would hope that none of the things you mentioned would happen at only 15k miles, but it is a GM. lol

:thumbs: