engine noise [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : engine noise

POLO/GT/02
02-17-2004, 06:45 PM
Anyone had this issue. I have had my car to the dealer 4 times in the last 2 weeks for this issue. My car sounds as if it has bad fuel.The engine is making a knocking noise and it is louder when warm. The dealer has made an adjustment to the brake line the 1st time said it was rubbing the firewall. Second attempt was clean the engine, said it was carbon build up. Third was re running a power steering line that was hitting the uderside of the engine when it torqued. They have had my car since friday working with pontiac directly. Today they replaced the maf sensor and tore out my k&n filter in the process, replacing it with a stock paper one. After all this they are waiting on a call from another contact at Pontiac to see if someone will come out to look at my car. Now I have a 01 gt coupe for my wife and another 02 gt coupe for my son along with my 02 gt sedan. Mine is the only one doing this. Any help would be appreciated. The gm hotline said they have done all they could and could luck trying to handle this legally. My car only has 25k on it. At this point I am about to drive it through the showroom doors.

01silverGT
02-17-2004, 09:27 PM
is it when it's cold and warming up or is it for a few seconds after a warm start up?

Black2K1GT
02-18-2004, 05:09 AM
Low oil pressure?

POLO/GT/02
02-18-2004, 08:12 AM
Typical 3400 noise when cold on start. Noise gets louder when engind temp hits normal. Any form of a hard acceleration , noise is very noticable. tech mentioned something about engine retarding to compensate for noise. Reads at 4-5 degrees?

Gt00
02-18-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by POLO/GT/02
Typical 3400 noise when cold on start. Noise gets louder when engine temp hits normal. If you're talking about the piston slap issue common to the gm V6 , it should get less noisey as it warms up . If it doesn't go away as it warms up and can still be heard at operating temp , there is a problem . There's lots of threads on this , just do a search . :)

Blackrider
02-18-2004, 10:18 AM
Floating Wrist pins own. :)

preed4962
02-18-2004, 10:45 AM
Sounds like a good candidate for a buy back!