misfire [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : misfire

michslpgt
02-19-2004, 03:16 PM
I installed a FFP UD pulley a little over a week ago. Ever since then I have had a misfire. It happens when im cruising at highway speed and let off the gas pedal just a little bit, not taking my foot off but lightening my foot. Then the engine spit and sputters, somtimes even backfires, until I give it more gas or take my foot off the pedal.

It sometimes also occurs when I make a turn in town. When im half way through the turn and apply a little bit of gas, it does it.

I havent had it do it on acceleration or decelleration. Just in the above situations and it doesnt happen everytime, only intermittently.

I dont know if this has anything to do with the pulley, the pulley is a great part and shows good gains, I have nothing against it. But its done this since I installed the pulley. Please help! I have gone through two tanks of gas too, at first I thought it was bad gas but dont think so now.

Dr_Kyle
02-19-2004, 03:34 PM
You may have to get a Case relearn (I think that's what it's called). I'm not really sure what it entails, but I remember people saying it was needed back when this pulley first came out.

michslpgt
02-19-2004, 04:06 PM
Yeah it mentions that in the installation instructions from FFP. I am going to give that a try tonite. Wasnt sure if that would make a difference but I guess its worth a shot.