Temp Question?!?! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Temp Question?!?!

01silverGT
02-21-2004, 09:10 AM
i was sitting the other night with the car on and i glanced down at the temp. gauge and noticed it was in between the 200 mark and what would be the 230 mark before the fan came on and cooled her down! is this normal?? i haven't seen it get that warm because i bought it in november! ANY IDEAS?

AaronGAGT
02-21-2004, 10:22 AM
hmm... it depends how long you were actually just sitting there. I dont remember how cold it actually was, but the number does seem a little high... but I dont think anything is wrong. My car does that when i just sit there too...

djrkd
02-21-2004, 10:40 AM
yea the temp rises when the car is warmed and up u stop for a while, when your driving ur pushing cold air through the radiator, when u stop the air around it gets pretty hot, and has nowhere to go.

01silverGT
02-21-2004, 04:35 PM
yea it auctually wasn't getting any hotter then 220 now that i looked at it again, normal i guess. why the hell didn't GM make the mid point 210 like most damn cars!!

luniz
02-21-2004, 04:37 PM
The only time my car ever reached past 210 was when I was stuck off of a onramp in a snow drift. Usually it is a hair under 200, but lately it has been a lil higher. Coolant level and cleanliness is okay, so I don't know what it is.

Hot_Stud18
02-22-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by 01silverGT
yea it auctually wasn't getting any hotter then 220 now that i looked at it again, normal i guess. why the hell didn't GM make the mid point 210 like most damn cars!!

It all depends what the temp. was outside, if it was like over 30 degrees out and it was idleing for a few minutes after driving I could see it going that high, but just wait till the summer, don't be surprised it its running at 3-4 lines past that 200 mark in stop and go driving.