Fuel system kill switch. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fuel system kill switch.

Stelios
02-21-2004, 05:28 PM
I want to install a fuel kill switch as an anti theft device on my 1999 GAGT. Does any body know where to start to do this? I've never installed one and want to do it myself.

Stelios*banana*

iceman
02-21-2004, 05:32 PM
I can look up the fuel system stuff on Monday as I don't have my service manual here. But I think you should do something a little easier like an ignition circuit disable

Stelios
02-21-2004, 05:45 PM
Ignition system kills are too easy to bypass. A fuel kill is much harder to bypass. :thumbs:

Molson
02-21-2004, 06:06 PM
how's that? A switch is a switch.

02PONtiac!
02-21-2004, 06:06 PM
I'm interested as well. I've been pondering the thought of when and how I can do this.

Keep scooting,
Bob

digitalballz
02-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by iceman
I can look up the fuel system stuff on Monday as I don't have my service manual here. But I think you should do something a little easier like an ignition circuit disable

I agree much easier. i have one in my car and nobody can start my car. took like 10 mins to install everything. :thumbs: :thumbs:

02PONtiac!
02-21-2004, 06:48 PM
tell us how you did it please!!

Stelios
02-21-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Molson
how's that? A switch is a switch.

An ignition can be bypassed with almost any other hot wire found near the source of ignition. A fuel kill is much harder to bypass because you would have to spend a considerable amount of time to trace the fuel system wiring...I would think.

If I am wrong someone please correct me.

Hey Digitalballz tell me how you did yours or you can give me a direction to start.:thumbs:

rseibenick
02-22-2004, 05:03 PM
have bad key switch in a 98 grand am. car starts runs few seconds. would like to know how to bypass the fuel pump cut off switch. thanks Ron

EBlend
02-22-2004, 05:15 PM
is it possible to have fuel switch hooked up to igninion bypass on an alarm instead of hookingit up to the ignition itself?

iceman
02-22-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Stelios
An ignition can be bypassed with almost any other hot wire found near the source of ignition. A fuel kill is much harder to bypass because you would have to spend a considerable amount of time to trace the fuel system wiring...I would think.

If I am wrong someone please correct me.

Hey Digitalballz tell me how you did yours or you can give me a direction to start.:thumbs:

If you kill an ignition wire in a place that's hard to find.. they are both the same. Like Molson said, a switch is a switch.

Also either way, if someone wants your car they will take it. For equal methods of protection, install what is easier.

Stelios
02-23-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by EBlend
is it possible to have fuel switch hooked up to igninion bypass on an alarm instead of hookingit up to the ignition itself?

HUH:confused:

Are you on ****ing crack? I can't seem to make any sense of what your asking.

EBlend
02-23-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Stelios
HUH:confused:

Are you on ****ing crack? I can't seem to make any sense of what your asking.

not gonna make many friends around here using language like that. i just asked how to hook up fuel kill instead of starter kill using the starter kill function of most alarms. Since starter kill just cuts the switch when alarm goes off, isntead of cutting the ignition, i want it to cut the fuel thats all