Gas Pedal Gets Stuck [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Gas Pedal Gets Stuck

pokeypanda
02-22-2004, 12:54 AM
Guys I kinda got this problem with my gas pedal. It seems like after a certain point of pushing it, it feels like there is no more room to push; like i'm flooring it. Then I push it kinda hard and it goes further. This started happening right after I got my CIA installed. Anyways...the other day, I wanted to drive a little faster, so I push the pedal past that point, and it gets stuck there. I literally reach my hand down and pull the pedal up, and it comes up, but it is still accelerating hard. This happened on the highway and I was going about 90. I hit the brakes and it didn't do much. Finally, I pop it in neutral and the thing goes wild, i thought I was gonna blow my engine, and it finally died down. It unstuck itself. I checked and there is nothing there that could possibly in the way of it getting stuck, I don't know what it could be. But now I can never accelerate hard because this has already happened like 3 times, and I don't wanna blow my engine if I keep putting it in neutral to stop the acceleration. Does anyone know what the problem could be?!?! I have a 2001 GAGT1.

Blackrider
02-22-2004, 01:32 AM
Thats a new one, if you go out and Move the Trottle under the Hood does it get stuck there? If it does, it could be something wrong with the spring, Also see if its catching on anything.

Dr_Kyle
02-22-2004, 01:57 AM
Sounds like the intake's clamp on the throttle body is catching the TB shaft. Go and move the clamp before it happens again!

atc3434
02-22-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Dr_Kyle
Sounds like the intake's clamp on the throttle body is catching the TB shaft. Go and move the clamp before it happens again!

*iagree*

Always check all your linkage when you do anything that could possibly affect it.

AaronGAGT
02-22-2004, 01:45 PM
heh, this might sound stupid, but make sure your floor mat isnt all jammed up in that area. its happened to me before.

JohnnyB4439
02-22-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by AaronGAGT
heh, this might sound stupid, but make sure your floor mat isnt all jammed up in that area. its happened to me before.

lol i could of sworn i saw a thread on this before......

EBlend
02-22-2004, 05:19 PM
definately your intake clamp is in the way of your throle body, move it by hand, i had that happen to me a while back as well, but mine wouldn't push at all, i was like wtf, but then i looked and figured it out, and no problems :D

Panacea
02-22-2004, 07:05 PM
Are you still under warranty? If so, take it in.