Window Help on a Chevy Van [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Window Help on a Chevy Van

99GAman
02-29-2004, 09:28 PM
my mom has a 93 Chevy Astro Van and when she got in the van today and started it, the window on the passengers side went down on its own....and now it wont come back up. i used a tester and the switch on the drivers side is getting power but the switch on the passenger side isnt.....does anyone have any suggestions on what i should do first??

thanks
George

Dan00GPGT
03-01-2004, 06:31 AM
The drivers side switch should have controls for both the passenger side and the drivers side. Did the window fall down or did it go down with the motor? If it went down with the motor it sounds like a short or a stuck switch.

juanvan
03-01-2004, 06:46 AM
In the GA if the driver side switch works on all the other windows but the passanger side and the passanger switch is still in its a bad switch.

Took me a while to figure out that lol replaced window motors and everything.

Think it has to complete the circut for each window in a combination of the drivers and corsponding switch.

Check the power at the motor c if there is power running constanly; give you more of an idea of whats going on
g/l

99GAman
03-01-2004, 09:06 AM
the window went down on its own with the motor......so maybe it could be that the switch is stuck.....but there is absolutly no power going to the switch on the passenger side.....so i guess i will have to make sure that the switch on the drivers side isn't stuck....and see if i need a new switch for the passenger side........

preed4962
03-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Sounds stupid, but, is there a Window lock out on the drivers side of that van? Make sure that is not activated (could explain why no power to the passenger side switch), but in either case the drivers switch should operate that window. I had a Jeep Gr. Cherokee where the passenger window would go down randomly, just would smack the door panel and it would be OK again for 6 months.......... just a thought........