GM Dealerships and their LAME excuses! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : GM Dealerships and their LAME excuses!

BadGT471
02-29-2004, 11:31 PM
So here's the deal on the WINDOW update... I am going to write a letter to GM tomorrow. But anyways, I took the car to a second dealership (window clunking).. Well, this dealership told me that I am experiencing this problem DUE to me closing my doors too hard. Well, ironically, I am so careful when I close my doors, that they never usually CLOSE all the way when I close them. I have to open it and try to close it again... Nonetheless, would closing the door too hard cause it to come lose and make that dumb clunking sound when it goes up? I am so tired of these CRAPPY GM windows! Most of the time my windows are up anyways, but I know that if they are down, the doors can slam hard, but still I wouldn't think that would knock them loose... Any ideas??:confused:

AaronGAGT
03-01-2004, 12:44 AM
take of your door panel and roll your window down half way... make sure that sashes that the window sit in are bolted tight still

illsmokeyou
03-01-2004, 07:00 AM
screw that.. you have warranty, dont try to mess with it, its GM problem, let them **** with it

call gm cares, get a regional manager, then if all else fails, write a letter, and call the BBB and set up a court date

its costs you nothing, just time, like I said:

Broken + factory warranty = GM's ****ing problem

99GAman
03-01-2004, 09:35 AM
i totally agree!! dont waist your money and get aggrivated if you dont have to......just invest a little bit of time

VaGT
03-04-2004, 07:50 AM
Definately call GM. I had mine replaced for a "clunking" noise... no questions asked.

..although they did break the $4 reflector on the door without telling me.

03 Cav Fire
03-04-2004, 08:10 AM
Usually I add to posts like these about how GM techs (and techs in general) are shaved monkies... problem here is that the service manager just doesn't want to deal with the service call and spend 'hours' on jobs that don't bring income in... typical car dealership... nothing new, there...

Edit: Oh, and yeah, it would probably take all of a half hour to take the door panel off and tighten the window track bolts yourself. Almost gauranteed them slapping the door skin (inner) is what is making the window 'clunk'.

02PONtiac!
03-04-2004, 08:14 AM
That sucks. GM makes some crappy cars, good one too but they don't want to fix anything. It's not necessarily General Motors Corp but the problem lies at the dealership level. Dealerships don't make much money off of warranty repairs. Warranty work is a waste of time for dealerships because they make all of there money off of the average person without a warranty. They can charge more and ripp people off. General Motors Corp will pay the GM dealership the cost of fixing the GM vehicle when its under warranty. No Profit!

03 Cav Fire
03-04-2004, 08:18 AM
^^^^ werd :thumbs: