2000: factory stereo removal [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 2000: factory stereo removal

silverbullet
03-01-2004, 11:01 PM
I'm sure lots of you guys have put in aftermarket stereo's by now. well I finally got tired of the delco skipping and bought a new pioneer premier. so whats involved in getting the delco out? I've taken factory decks out of other cars, but never this one.

I have the installation kit, wiring harness, antenna adapter, etc. to put the new one in, I just want a heads up on what to expect when taking out the delco.

thanx guys, a lot of you have been very informative since i started logging on.:thumbs:

again, its a 2000.

Dr_Kyle
03-02-2004, 12:18 AM
- Make sure the key is not in the ignition. Pull the bottom of the radio surround piece from the very back of the cubby. It will pop out.

- Disconnect the ETS & Hazard switches, as well as the cigarette lighter.

- Put key in ignition and shift gear to 2 or 1 so you have room to pull the radio surround completely off.

- After you pull off the plastic surround piece, the radio is held in by a couple bolts (10mm IIRC). Other than the plugs in the back of it, you're done.

PS - Beware of the ignition bezel piece flying at your face when you pop the surround off. lol

silverbullet
03-02-2004, 08:37 AM
thanks for the rundown...it doesn't look really involved, i was just curious on what to expect. thanks again.

Kdawg207
03-02-2004, 08:54 AM
once again...Dr. Kyle has explained it perfectly...:thumbs: