Transmission shutter in 1st gear [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Transmission shutter in 1st gear

02PONtiac!
03-04-2004, 02:26 PM
Alright yesterday I just noticed under hard acceleration in first gear I get some shutter. I kinda feels like a little wheel hop but I don't think my GAGT can burn out with my 235 tires. I feel the shutter at a dead stop when I floor the car. Does anybody else have this problem? My car has 41,000 miles and i have NEVER had the transmission fluid or filter changed. Could this be my problem? I also put on my cone open air filter. Its not a CAI. Do you think this could be the issue??

AznGA
03-04-2004, 07:04 PM
Does it have trouble shifting to 2nd?

02PONtiac!
03-04-2004, 07:06 PM
No problems shifting into second. I almost think when it stops that maybe its not going all the way into first gear?? It did it a couple times off and on tonight.

asepgrad98
03-04-2004, 08:45 PM
my car started doing that last year so i stop flooring and it went away :thumbs:

2002AmSE
03-04-2004, 08:51 PM
My car did that twice this morning(two consecutive stop signs on the way to class), it scared the crap out of me, I have tried to get it to do it again but it won't do it again. It felt like the thing pulled into neutral and out for about half a second, but it was WOT at about 20 mph so I know it wasn't some kind of wheel slip because the roads were dry and clean. I've also had a strange issue long time ago(never happened again), that when I floored it at a stop the entire car would shudder/chug a few times before moving and it was loud, but I'm sure it was the tires that time.

ericmad
03-04-2004, 10:54 PM
are you guys turning off ETC before flooring it?

Bob
03-05-2004, 02:45 PM
Are you guys noticing this when going uphill? Or is it more noticable going uphill? That is what my car was doing before I sold it. It was into the dealer a couple times for it, and they never completely solved the issue.

All I remember about it is there was an electrical piece to the tranny, and that was registering at a lower voltage that it should have, so there was not a complete vacuum or something when there should have been.

If the old posts are still around (I'm talking a year plus), you might be able to search on my ID and see what was going on.

EDIT: Read here -> Read Me (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5757)

This is what was wrong with my car. The Pressure Control Silonoid.

son_of_ender
03-06-2004, 11:06 PM
I was wondering if anyone else had been having the problem that I've been having. It's similar to the above problem but a little worse in scope. Sometimes (not all the time) when I'm driving, even on a flat road, the car seems to hesistate and "bounce" right around 2k RPMs. This happens in both 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears (usually around 35 MPH and 50 MPH). I've read the above link to the post from a few years ago and it sounds like it may be a serious tranny problem (I was originally thinking it might just need a tune-up or something). Anyways, if anyone could help me out with some suggestions or advice, let me know. Hope its not the Pressure Solenoid....

And just in case I do take it in to the dealer, can they give me any crap about the aftermarket intake and exhaust?

Thanks all :)

Note: This problem only started about half way through this winter

blckgagt
03-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Thats the same crap thats going wrong with my car. Ive been trying to figure out what was wrong with it forever. Its been really ****ing me off too. So its either the Pressure Control Silonoid or TPS? Most likely the Pressure Control Silonoid?

action
03-08-2004, 12:42 PM
I had that happen with my car last year. Dealer rebuilt transmission under warranty, it was shot.

Blackrider
03-08-2004, 01:14 PM
Sounds Like it is slipping

blckgagt
03-08-2004, 04:48 PM
Guess it doens't really matter since im gonna be getting a new tranny from domestic performance anyways, but it was bugging me for a long time.

Bob
03-09-2004, 09:06 PM
I could sometimes get mine to do it in 2nd gear. But it did it much more often in 1st.