Remote start and DRL's [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Remote start and DRL's

GAGT98
03-04-2004, 05:40 PM
Hey I just purchased a 01 GT, and I'm going to put a Clifford RS 3.5 alarm and remote start on. I was wondering if I remote start my car will the stupid DRL's turn on all my lights, or can I just have the parking lights turn on instead. On my 98 I had no problem because I just put up the parking brake. That solved that problem but on the 01 the lights stay on no matter what I do.

grandam-wpg
03-04-2004, 05:48 PM
Weird cuz when I start my car with the parking break on they dont turn on till I take it off. I also have a 01.

EDIT: hmmm now that i think about it , the parking break may only affect the auto lights thing when its dark. Maybe someone else will post some usefull info for you :)

2000GA
03-04-2004, 06:18 PM
If the parking brake is on before you start the car they will not come on. If the light sensor senses enough light and the trans is in park they will not come on. If its dark out and the parking brake is on they will still come on. This is from my experiencees with my 00

Mike Jung
03-04-2004, 06:40 PM
On mine:
If I set the parking brake, only the parking lights (dimmed) come-on controlled by the remote starter.

If I don't set the parking brake, the DRL (+ the dimmed parking lights) or headlights (if dark outside) will come-on.

SilverStreak
03-04-2004, 08:27 PM
If I don't set the parking brake, the DRL (+ the dimmed parking lights) or headlights (if dark outside) will come-on.

hmmmm that's weird? My mother in laws GP is that way. The auto lights come on. My Grand Am was that way until I had my remote start put on.

I had a viper alarm/remote start/keyless installed on my 01 grand am se which has the automatic lights & only the parking lights come on when I remote start the car. Well and my fog lights if I forget to shut them off.

Must be a certain way to wire them up? I had the pro's install mine.

GAGT98
03-04-2004, 10:47 PM
thanks for the help I'm going to talk to my installer again and see what he has come up with. I will try having the parking brake up before I start the to see what happens.