ABS? Channels? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : ABS? Channels?

tranceokido
03-04-2004, 07:38 PM
Okay from my understanding the GAGT was equiped with a 4wheel 4channel ABS. But I read in the manual both front wheels are pumped individually and the rear brakes are pumped together in same sequence. Is this true? I have tested them out and it kind of feels as if the rear wheels are pumping individually also. Anybody know?

2002AmSE
03-04-2004, 07:54 PM
Hmm, good question, I always just thought that our cars sucked when trying to stop in the snow with 4/32's of tread on the tires

EDIT: hahaha, 10x stopping distance with white/clear glossy ice on the roads

tranceokido
03-04-2004, 08:09 PM
I think our GAGT's have a system that pumps all 4wheels indviually. I mean my 93 3.1 Corsica has a system that pumps all wheels indvidually. I can't see GM putting a stupider system on a semi-sport sedan. I have never had problems stopping the car. The ABS always kicks on and stops me on a dime. Except on ice...then it doesn't even feel like I have brakes on either car. The only time I have trouble stopping ist from 100+. I don't stop on a dime, but the wheels won't even come close to lock up till I slow down to about 50. Then my ABS goes ticking away. Like I said..i think we have a the 4channel pumped system. I can kind of feel all the wheels individually pulling the car when they brakes pump.