Moonroof Drain Leaking... HELP!!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Moonroof Drain Leaking... HELP!!!

Smoke'nGT1
03-05-2004, 08:33 AM
I got in my car this morning after it poured last night, and what do i find? Almost and inch of water on the pasanger side floor, headliner is soaked passanger side door wet and water in fuse panel, and speaker is ruined. The hose from the moonroof to drain on the passanger side is leaking BAD, and i can't get at it to find the problem. I can't get the A pillar off to get to the hose. I don't know if it's held on by clips or what, but i tried pulling, prying and such and no luck. Anyone know how to get it off? PLEASE HELP ASAP! Thanks in advance. :confused:

AznGA
03-05-2004, 09:08 AM
It could be just a bad sunroof glass. Mine was replaced under warranty. I didn't know we had some kind of a "hose"? What exactly is that?

XMBlackGT1
03-05-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Smoke'nGT1
I got in my car this morning after it poured last night, and what do i find? Almost and inch of water on the pasanger side floor, headliner is soaked passanger side door wet and water in fuse panel, and speaker is ruined. The hose from the moonroof to drain on the passanger side is leaking BAD, and i can't get at it to find the problem. I can't get the A pillar off to get to the hose. I don't know if it's held on by clips or what, but i tried pulling, prying and such and no luck. Anyone know how to get it off? PLEASE HELP ASAP! Thanks in advance. :confused:

Sounds like its plugged up with something. What I was told to do to try to fix something like this if it ever happened was to get some of the pressurized canned air and spray it down each of the drain tubes. The pressure from the air should blow out the clog and you will be in good shape again. Hope this helps. laterz