Guage Pod HELP, anyone >> [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Guage Pod HELP, anyone >>

BadGT471
03-05-2004, 12:45 PM
I know that this is probably a really dumb question, however, I need to find out how to do this. I have a guage pod on my 02 GAGT. The guages in it are the Autometer Phantoms... My question is, HOW do I get the guages out of the pod (its on the pillar), to replace the bulb? My battery voltage one burned out. Also, what kind of bulb do I need to replace this with? Can I get one at autozone? Also, does anyone know what my color options will be for the guage? If someone could please email me back and let me know, that would be great. I'm guessin that you stick something between the guage and the pillar and pry the guage out, but i dont want to break anything... someone PLEASE HELP!

Jeff

schizm99
03-05-2004, 12:48 PM
The gauge comes out from loosening the back side of the gauge. However if all you wanna do is replace the bulb. You can just take the screws out of the pod, let it kinda hang and remove the bulb. They will have the bulbs at autozone. I dunno the number so take it with you! color choices are plenty..

Dr_Kyle
03-05-2004, 01:08 PM
You need a 194 bulb. :thumbs:

Molson
03-05-2004, 01:22 PM
yep, and if you want colors, PIAA makes 194 LED bulbs... I had blue.

BadGT471
03-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Thanks,

Well, my pod is NOT the one you purchase from PFYC.com. Mine is like a Universal one... It came in a yellow box. Yeah, it's not the prettiest thing. It covers about half of my OEM pillar... and it's a different color ): Ah well... Anyways, the way the speed shop installed it was... There are two screws on the top part of it. Between the pillar and the windshield... Then on the opposite side, there are two screws also... (between the pillar and the drivers side window). Now to replace the bulb, do I just remove those screws? Also, does anyone have a pic of a colored LED bulb- blue? I had them put blue on mine, and they put one of those condom things over the bulb, so it lit up like a turquoise color at night, not really fond of it... Also, how long do these bulbs usually last?

Thanks,
Jeff

Molson
03-05-2004, 02:29 PM
LEDs last a long time. And I have never seen a pod like yours, so I can't help ya there.