Signal clicks all the time....... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Signal clicks all the time.......

Xride
03-06-2004, 10:57 PM
Well long time since I've been here.
My sister got my GAGT, and in the last while it has developed a problem.
The signal makes the clicking sound almost all the time, and much faster then when it should be on.
it seems to come on at random, but larg bumps seem to make it worse... or fix it for a while.

Any help would be great, thanks.

akeller
03-07-2004, 12:30 AM
Quick fix...bash the dash with your fist and if you do it just right, it will make it stop. haha but as far as actually getting that 100%, i have heard a million things or ways to fix it so it's pretty much pick one and go with it.

AznGA
03-07-2004, 01:57 AM
LOL, you don't wanna just beat on your car. It might be related to signal lever.

Xride
03-07-2004, 02:22 AM
what are some of the fixes? Will I have to buy parts?

AznGA
03-07-2004, 12:10 PM
Mine was done under warranty.

AaronGAGT
03-07-2004, 12:42 PM
Theres 2 things that could be causing this.

1)The hazard button. The relay inside it might be bad so you gotta replace the whole button since its built in. I'd try this one first...

2)By replacing the switch on the column. If you need one, I'd suggest http://www.car-part.com . It's actually one BIG switch which includes turn signal lever and wiper switch. If you remove the cover over the steering colum (3 screws from bottom),you'll see it. It wraps over the top of the steering shaft and is held in by a screw in the top. Remove the screw and unplug the connectors. I'd look at a junkyard for a replacement. I think they are like $120-$150 at the dealer

Xride
03-07-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by AaronGAGT
Theres 2 things that could be causing this.

1)The hazard button. The relay inside it might be bad so you gotta replace the whole button since its built in. I'd try this one first...

2)By replacing the switch on the column. If you need one, I'd suggest http://www.car-part.com . It's actually one BIG switch which includes turn signal lever and wiper switch. If you remove the cover over the steering colum (3 screws from bottom),you'll see it. It wraps over the top of the steering shaft and is held in by a screw in the top. Remove the screw and unplug the connectors. I'd look at a junkyard for a replacement. I think they are like $120-$150 at the dealer

Thanks, I'll try that this week.

snwman
03-07-2004, 09:24 PM
mine was replaced once under warranty for this, and now its come back but gone away on its own strange.