Trunk wont open!! key doenst work either does remote [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Trunk wont open!! key doenst work either does remote

buffalogagt
03-09-2004, 11:32 AM
hey i was wondering if anyone knew how to fix the trunk latch, the key will not turn when it is in it, and when i use the remote it just makes a clicking sound in the fuse box and doenst open. This happend to me last year, so i took off the how latch form the trunk and messed around with it and it worked again. I try that again today but i just wont work! :confused: :mad:

on a side note: any ideas on how to stop the trunk from leaking, i think it is the mis alignment of the lid, i just gettin a like sick of the moldy smell back there if i can ever get the trunk open again.

My the way i do have the seats folded down to i can get back there and tweak with anything if yall have any ideas.

Thanks sooon the better im leaving for florida in 3 days
:D

RedGrandTour
03-09-2004, 01:36 PM
This happened to me before. Sounds like you engaged the "trunk lockout" switch. Spay some WD-40 in the lock cylinder and turn the key back and forth without breaking it.

AznGA
03-09-2004, 03:08 PM
If the lockout switch is on, you should be able to open it with a key.....

tenspeed
03-09-2004, 04:11 PM
Crawl thru the rear seats and pull the "I'm trapped in the trunk" release handle.

Amber99ga
03-09-2004, 06:18 PM
mine did the same thing, my trunk will never again 'pop' with a button :( cause the fuse pannel is all messed up somehow...and I had to replace my lock cause it seised up from the trunk leaking.

have fun! mine would be stuck shut for weeks at a time then one day I could just get it open. try the wd-40 and rock the key back and forth thats what usually would work. Good luck gettin in thru the back seat if the seat isn't already unlocked since it unlocks from inside the trunk!

MikeSilverGT
03-09-2004, 06:39 PM
You have to open the trunk to pull the latch to fold down the seats, so he's not going to be able to pull the "trapped in the trunk" release. I'd say take it to a dealer if the WD-40 doesn't work.. Or get a locksmith to look at it.

preed4962
03-09-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by MikeSilverGT
You have to open the trunk to pull the latch to fold down the seats, so he's not going to be able to pull the "trapped in the trunk" release. I'd say take it to a dealer if the WD-40 doesn't work.. Or get a locksmith to look at it.

ummm....yeah.... I'm gonna have to ask you to check those TPS reports again.... yeah.... he said he had the seats down.. :boogie: hahahahha

Mike Jung
03-09-2004, 10:11 PM
But the '99 GA's don't have the 'trapped in trunk' release feature :(

That came in later model years.

luniz
03-09-2004, 10:12 PM
I thought it was the "help I am kidnapped, I need to get out of the trunk" feature.