2.4L Coolant Flush [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 2.4L Coolant Flush

ErikS
03-12-2004, 01:10 AM
I got this Prestone "Flush 'N Fill Kit" from Wally world to flush out all the evil Dex Cool stuff and have no real clue how to hook this thing up to this coolant system some how I have to install a "tee" into the heater inlet hose? I wish I didn't leave my Hayes manual over my girlfriends apartment, cause I could really use it now. :rage: Does any one have any pictures of this or is it marked with anything like color, I need to get this done soon it's running hot and the coolant is looking pretty nasty. I just got this car like 3 months ago and I honestly don't think it has been changed once in the 63K miles it has.

dcb2001gt
03-13-2004, 09:06 AM
Dex-Cool is not evil, you have the wrong information. All the aftermarket coolant that are used for extended life are chemically the same. Do not fall into the hype about coolant on this site. There are issues with gaskets and other things on our GA's but that has to do with the type of material, angles, and tolerances that GM has engineered into the 3.4's. Drive your car normally and not like a race car which it is not and you will not have any major problems. Drine your car like "Fast & Furious" and you will be in for an expensive history of repair. Our engines are not designed for high rev's all the time.

tenspeed
03-13-2004, 11:27 AM
Just remove a coolent hose from the radiator to drain. I think the heater hoses are between the engine and firewall.

coupe
03-13-2004, 01:03 PM
I have to agree, DEX-Cool is not evil nor does it cause any probs. Its GM's bad engineering that causes the intake leaks.