self thread modding? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : self thread modding?

Ant
03-12-2004, 07:25 PM
alright...lemme try to explain this. it would be cool to have a feature that would make you the mod of any thread you start....for example:

1.) someone hijacks your thread, you can then delete irrelevant posts.

2.) your car is posted in the gallery, and it's getting bashed like crazy. you could then delete posts you find offensive/harsh.

? i have no idea how this would work, but it sure would take some of the babysitting weight off of the mods, because individual users could "babysit" their own threads....

jake3217
03-12-2004, 07:29 PM
It's a novel idea but...
1) Coding would be an absolute pain in the @$$, and it might not even be possible (I'm not entirely certain though, I suck at .php programming... .asp is my thing :D)
2) It would get abused like none other.

sicc
03-13-2004, 06:50 PM
i think its a VERY good idea, and it would not be any more difficult to code than anything else on this forum...

balludc
03-14-2004, 12:31 AM
good idea... but the same time, bad idea.

do we really want to give temporary power to some people on the boards? we'd have about 40 different stickied threads at one time lol

-dc

Ant
03-15-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by balludc
good idea... but the same time, bad idea.

do we really want to give temporary power to some people on the boards? we'd have about 40 different stickied threads at one time lol

-dc

sticky-age would not be an option...just delete posts within your own thread. i think that would be the only power needed. editing would not be a wise choice, because people would be asses.

iceman
03-15-2004, 05:13 PM
That's what the "report this post to a moderator" button is for :)