Turn Signal Fuse Poppage/Idle RPMS [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Turn Signal Fuse Poppage/Idle RPMS

MSJHWT
03-14-2004, 02:13 PM
My fuse for my turn signal is popping everytime I replace it. I have no idea whats wrong with it, but theres nothing wired to it or anything. It takes a 10 normally, well I tried a 10, popped immeditly, 15, same thing, 20, same thing, 30 it waited 2 seoncds then popped. Any idea what I should do? Also I'm idling at 700 RPMS, I think this might be a clogged cat? I have a Catco High Flow Car going on Friday, so you think this will solve my problem of idle rPMS?
Thanks

2002AmSE
03-14-2004, 04:22 PM
Well, the fuse is popping because you have a short, and putting a bigger fuse in is never a solution(causes fires because the electical system can't have that amperage through it) Find the short and fix the problem, maybe some relay is shorted or wires crossed...

Idling at 700 RPM is normal...

tenspeed
03-14-2004, 04:26 PM
Have you installed anything lately? Is your lighter stuck in the socket? Do you do anything to pinch a wire?

MSJHWT
03-14-2004, 04:33 PM
Haven't installed anything lately....it is like a reoccuring problem, it happened in the summer, but I went to the 15 amperage fuse and it went away, and then it would happen now and then, but usually after I installed a new fuse it would be fine. This time it happened and I replaced it after a day and it was fine, but then began this thing of popping as soon as I installed a new fuse. I installed a set of neon lights at the feet of the driver passanger, but disconnected them thinking they might be the problem. I don't have anything in my cig lighter right now. Well I'll fiddle around some more and see if I can find another short or anything.
I thought GAs idles at 1000 RPMS? At least I thought mine did, lol, oh well, thanks for that, got myself worried over nothing there :)