trouble shooting [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : trouble shooting

blk_grn_97GT
03-16-2004, 04:50 AM
to all you grand am fellas, i have a question to a problem i came across recently that i haven't delt with yet but i want some info. i bought a resistor to go into my iat sensor, it worked good for the first day but i went to drive to work on monday the 15th and my abs light came on, got down the road about 20 minutes later and my battery light came on, by the time i got to work my car had ran out of battery and my car died, waited to work on it after work and it started up fine and i drove it to get gas on my way home and again the abs light came on, shut my car off to get gas and haven't been able to start it since. question is what is your input, alternator or ecu?
thanks

Blackrider
03-16-2004, 06:22 AM
Maby the Alt. or the Bat.

blk_grn_97GT
03-16-2004, 09:00 AM
i kinda am swingin the thoughts, a guy did tell me that would happen if i had a cracked cell in my battery but i am gonna hook up my computer to it and see what it says. thanks

blk_grn_97GT
03-18-2004, 06:51 AM
found out that it isn't my alternator, i jump started my car and pulled off the jumper cable and hooked up a volt meter and it read 14 so i guess before i get in to expensive replacements i am gonna put my backup battery in.

blk_grn_97GT
03-24-2004, 04:14 AM
ok, got my car fixed finally, ended up being my ignition switch, which the f'ed up thing is that 3 months ago i took my car in for that recall and so the switch that they put on my car went out in 3 months, which inturn f'ed up my battery and my alternator, but all in all i only payed 200 bucks for everything to be done.
thanks for the info.