Cool gauge test possible? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Cool gauge test possible?

X-ception
03-21-2004, 02:04 PM
One of my buddies has a newer mustang gt and they come with a digital odometer just like our cars. Well, there is a diagnostic mode that you can enter that changes it into a digital tach, speedo and what not. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to do this to the grand am. I didnt try it yet but here is a link that discusses how to do it.

click here (http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/99hec.htm)

rabbitt1100
03-21-2004, 03:27 PM
I have seen different vehicle which have the digital tach, speedo, etc. I think it woudl be sweet in a GA but would probably take alot of creativity and $$$ to get done. Anyone up for the chanllenge?

Rabbitt

mr_eh
03-21-2004, 03:38 PM
the challenge of making my odometer read the same thing as the tachometer?

go buy a digital tach and put it in your gauge pod

rabbitt1100
03-21-2004, 03:41 PM
My bad, I was thinking you were tlaking about converting the whole dash readouts to digital instead of how they are. Sorry about any confussion. (jask@ss on this end of computer)

Rabbitt

2002AmSE
03-21-2004, 08:05 PM
I wouldn't mess with any connections to the odometer display or the odometer itself in any way, those things can trigger the anti-tamper system and it will be your cars title and odometer getting the odometer fraud title

mr_eh
03-21-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by rabbitt1100
My bad, I was thinking you were tlaking about converting the whole dash readouts to digital instead of how they are. Sorry about any confussion. (jask@ss on this end of computer)

Rabbitt

your not a jackass, just a newb, give it time - digital gauges in racer betty over at aedcentral.com and they look hideous, which matches the rest of the car so its alllll :thumbs: