GT Overhead light [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : GT Overhead light

K2737
03-23-2004, 08:29 PM
Well I want the light that has like 2 map lights that face towards the rear. I think it came in all GT's or maybe it was just the coupes, I don't know. But I want to get rid of my bland SE one and get the other one. Will it just mount up in place? I can't imagine GM using 2 diffrent mounting brackets/headliner, so I am guessing it will. Also how much wiring will I have to do? I can't imagine it being to hard. Anyone have one that they don't want?

MikeSilverGT
03-24-2004, 07:09 PM
I believe it came in all GT's, my 02 gt sedan has one, email gmpartsdirect and ask for a part number, I doubt GM complicated it with different mounts. They seem to try to keep things as interchangeable as possible, maybe ask a dealer if its possible..

JesseGT1
03-24-2004, 08:55 PM
My friend at work calls those lights "dope-scopes"

buzzzam
03-25-2004, 12:08 AM
try the junk yard, i swapped that mirror for my new 04 Grand Prix before i turned it in and it mounted perfectly so i imagine that going from a GT to a SE should be simpler. I also hardwired it to the fuse box. I tried wiring it to the dome light at first but it only turns on when all the interior lights are on.

Mike Jung
03-25-2004, 02:21 AM
I have them stock on my '99 GASE2 4-door sedan.

They are nice.
Being able to drive & not having it blind the driver by being able to use the reading lights.
Under the rear-view mirror for the fronts & overhead for the rears.

K2737
03-25-2004, 10:24 AM
Aight thanks, hopefully I can find one at a junkyard somewhere.