Broke the fuel line clip that goes into the filter [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Broke the fuel line clip that goes into the filter

slowassgtx
03-29-2004, 06:23 PM
I did a search....

I was changing my gf's fuel filter and accidentily broke off the plastic clip on the end of the fuel line. But from what I gather and have experienced it is not a normal clip. Like on my GP a plastic clip comes with the filter and plugs into a slot on the end of the line. On the grand am the clip is much different and does not mate to the filter. If you know the clip that I speak of on the end of the fuel line... I was wondering if that is replaceable without replacing part of the fuel line? Hopefully someone has gone through this before. thanks for ur help. Also Changing the belt was fun too on her car:rolleyes:

Apollyon9515
03-29-2004, 10:18 PM
Im in the same boat as u, i just said screw it and ill wait tillwamr weather :)

action
03-30-2004, 07:51 AM
Did you break the green part or the black part???

There are worse things to fix than the fanbelt!!! You only need a floor jack and remove a couple engine mount brackets.

71Z28RS
03-31-2004, 06:29 AM
If it's the black clip, don't worry about it.

slowassgtx
04-03-2004, 01:33 PM
well I cant get the filter off now cause i broke the black "mushroom type" clip.

anyone????

Panacea
04-03-2004, 08:45 PM
^^^ Good luck. I broke the quick-release on my fuel filter too. Only way to replace it is to replace the whole fuel pump assembly ($500+ job). As far as getting the fuel filter off... I ended up taking it to the dealership and it took him like 30 minutes of fudging with it to get it off.

Have fun.

slowassgtx
04-04-2004, 10:16 AM
i dont think people are understanding. I didnt break the clip on the filter, I broke the one on the end of the fuel line.