Symptoms of not having a crank case relearn accomplished [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms of not having a crank case relearn accomplished

phantom505
04-01-2004, 08:59 PM
I can't remember the error codes, but one was random misfires and the other was injector one out of sync (I believe)

I just had the cam and heads done. Is this caused by not having the crank case re-learn done or is there something more to the problem?

I hope it is, becuase if it is deeper than that I might be in big trouble.... I'm getting the relearn done tomorrow.

Thanks.

Germ
04-02-2004, 06:45 AM
well, i am in need of one as well, but because of the UD pulley from FFP is causing my sesor to read out of range for the crank or something.

but have you tried everything else to try and reset it? unhook battery for 24hrs that kinda stuff?

if not, i think the case learn may be your best bet.

iceman
04-02-2004, 07:28 AM
Random misfires will come from the cam if you don't have a repgrogram for it. Rob's TA does the same thing on a stock program w/ a different cam. Injector is probably related.

I don't think a case learn will fix your problem, your computer should be adjusted for the cam...

The code for a case learn says something about crankshaft position learn lol I don't remember the # off the top of my head.

phantom505
04-02-2004, 08:52 AM
It's a very mild reground cam. It added 8* intake and 12* exhaust and barely any extra lift. I don't think that's the issue. I think something got killed when we reinstalled it.

I ordered a new injector harness and I'll have that installed. I think we may have damaged a wire somewhere....

I'll work on the reprogram though....

iceman
04-02-2004, 08:59 AM
Doesn't matter if it's mild or not... That's most likely your problem.

Bad idea to have the cam swapped w/out a reprogram as quick as you can IMO . It's confusin the pcm :( I'd be nice to the car until it's done if I were you.

mn2kgagt
04-02-2004, 02:27 PM
there is an actual code for the crank position DTC P1336. After I had my DHP installed I was getting that DTC but that was it. No real noticeable problems except for a longer start time.

phantom505
04-02-2004, 05:33 PM
Well my first suspect is the the injector wiring harness. I'm going to replace that. If that doesn't do the trick then I already planned on getting a reprogram done. I have the tranny installed and then I'll go from there.

phantom505
04-05-2004, 05:51 PM
Loose wire on injector one. Simple fix. No you don't need a reprogram, however I do have a sky high idle.