99+ redlining [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 99+ redlining

AznGA
04-02-2004, 09:16 PM
I know our limiter kicks in at 4000 RPM when the car is standing, but I noticed that when I rev it while the car is rolling, the needle goes a little above 6000 RPM. Is it possible to blow our engine that way?

mr_eh
04-02-2004, 09:17 PM
newp, only if you keep it there in fourth gear and the fuel cutoff happens, then your engine is running full throttle with no fuel, ask spy how his first engine broke :)

AznGA
04-02-2004, 09:24 PM
****, I tried to top out my car the other day, my car didn't go above 115 MPH and the RPM stayed at 4k. I guess that was the fuel cut off. I drove like that for 10 sec and slowed down. OOPS.

mr_eh
04-02-2004, 09:29 PM
intelligent :)

i dont recommended topping out the car at all with the fuel cut off in place, or without it for that matter, but im not your mom :)... i'm cuter!

constantly doing it when the cut off is happening is gonna ruin ****

gorillapimp
04-03-2004, 04:56 PM
so how would you keep fuel running past the cut-off point to see actually how fast the car can achieve? (on a track of course)

Hot_Stud18
04-04-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by mr_eh
newp, only if you keep it there in fourth gear and the fuel cutoff happens, then your engine is running full throttle with no fuel, ask spy how his first engine broke :)

What do you really mean? When you say fuel cutoff point don't you mean that fuel stops being sent at a certain point? And how would driving when the cutoff happens ruin something? Isn't it suppose to keep from ruining things? Thank you