EGR pipe crimped/bent [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : EGR pipe crimped/bent

iceman
04-05-2004, 08:56 AM
We bent the hell outta my EGR pipe while installing headers, it's pretty crimped.. is this bad or does it not matter? I'll get pics if you want.. just imagine bending a pipe and what it looks like afterwards tho.

Gt00
04-05-2004, 09:14 AM
If the EGR is not functioning because the passage is blocked off you may get some pinging (spark knock ) , and you may fail the NOX part of a smog test . Otherwise it would probably not hurt anything . If you notice any pinging or get a light with an EGR code you may want to fix the tube . ;)

iceman
04-05-2004, 09:16 AM
Yeah I get knock retard but it was all there before the header install (and I'm pretty sure it's false). But I will check it out and prob replace. So far no codes. Thanks

Gt00
04-05-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by iceman
Yeah I get knock retard but it was all there before the header install (and I'm pretty sure it's false). But I will check it out and prob replace. So far no codes. Thanks Try a little higher octane and see if it gets any better .

99StudlyGT
04-05-2004, 09:39 AM
Is knock retard that kind of creeking door, gurgling crap I get at idol? It only does it at idol, but when I made a thread of this earlier, nobody knew what I was talking about. Octane helps this?

iceman
04-05-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Gt00
Try a little higher octane and see if it gets any better .

Thanks already got all the info for the KR problem :thumbs:

Gt00
04-05-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by 99StudlyGT
Is knock retard that kind of creeking door, gurgling crap I get at idol? It only does it at idol, but when I made a thread of this earlier, nobody knew what I was talking about. Octane helps this? No , this happens at part throttle mostly and under heavy load , not at idle . The computer will pull back timing if the knock sensor detects any spark knock . You don't need more octane unless you have mods that require it . Sorry , but with out actually hearing this noise it is very difficult to diagnose problems over the internet . :)

99StudlyGT
04-06-2004, 09:22 AM
Nobody has had this same problem? PontiacGT2K's car was doing it, now mine does. I went to a percell bro's shop and they had no idea, but said they would look at it. Any possible ideas? Bearings in alternator?.. Something loose?

iceman
04-06-2004, 09:47 AM
*offtopic* Make a thread for it :)