fell in a pot hole air bag came out [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : fell in a pot hole air bag came out

wilfredo soto
04-05-2004, 05:07 PM
my wife was driving the car when she fell into a big pot hole the air bags deployed can anyone tell me why ,, im sooo depressed

mr_eh
04-05-2004, 05:16 PM
hahahahahahahah, ahaha brooklyn, thats hilarious, brooklyn is a nightmare to drive in, you should probably find someone to complain to and complain about it, god thats hilarious tho, did you get hurt at all?

wilfredo soto
04-05-2004, 05:23 PM
nope but its going to cost me alot

wilfredo soto
04-05-2004, 05:24 PM
may be find out were you live and take yours hahahahaha

mr_eh
04-05-2004, 05:31 PM
there should be SOMETHING you could do about your air bag popping out over a pot hole, at least a free air bag.... i cant imagine , well i can , but in a world with morals, i cant imagine you having to pay 100$+ to replace the airbag because you hit a pothole, was it the passenger one?

Y2KGA
04-05-2004, 06:20 PM
I would contact pontiac customer care about this. If your airbags deployed and the car has no damage then they should be able to get something back from them. You should also notify the nhtsa as this is a serious safety defect.

AleroME
04-05-2004, 06:37 PM
the pothole if it was big and bad enough.. prolly shuck the airbag sensor..therefore deployment. yeah I would file something with your city and make them pay for the new airbag.

GTspeed
04-05-2004, 06:40 PM
in New Orleans, the pot holes are real bad. what they do, is if u find one, u report it. and after it's reported, if u mess up ur suspension, or airbag, or anything like that as a result of the pothole, the city pays the bill. but they wont do anything if the pothole isnt in their records. little incentive for them to fix the things, and its workin.

Filter
04-05-2004, 09:23 PM
all I can say is WTF. Y2KGA is right. There are 2 airbag sensors. each has to be triggered at the EXACT same time for them to blow. One is by the bottom of the car, one near the top, both in front bumper area. I wouldn't think a pothole would be able to do anything. Time to do some serious complaining. Either GM or city

AznGA
04-05-2004, 10:39 PM
Ya, this isn't something to laugh at. It really sucks. Airbags = $$$$$

Contact Pontiac.

Dr_Kyle
04-06-2004, 12:45 AM
I call BS, lets see a pic. For once, I WANT to be proven wrong.

Brother's1999
04-06-2004, 06:41 AM
Glad your wife wasn't hurt. Report the collison accident to your insurance company for coverage. Then check with the town or state to see who's road it was and to see what their coverage policy is. My be refered to the town's insurance carrier. If you then want the info on file you could call Pontiac, although they will feel it was a proper deployment, and file with the NHTSA, so the data is there also.

While rare, a collision with the far end of a pothole can cause an air bag deployment. I believe the Maxima or an Acura several years ago would do the same thing when they hit a curb at a high enough speed.

When you do get it fixed, I would make sure you got new Pontiac parts (ask to see the receipts).

wilfredo soto
04-06-2004, 06:53 AM
both airbags deployed and the thing is i am broke and if i buy one used were to take it to get it put on some places you have to buy the airbags thru them

preed4962
04-06-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Dr_Kyle
I call BS, lets see a pic. For once, I WANT to be proven wrong.

*iagree*