What part is this? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : What part is this?

rizer
04-06-2004, 02:13 PM
What do i need to ask when i call around looking for it. I do not have time to sand it down and repaint em. Whats weird is both sides are peeling. This isnt my car, just used for example to show the part i need.

Maybe someone has both they can sell me?

http://img26.photobucket.com/albums/v79/rizer/grandam.jpg

Molson
04-06-2004, 03:18 PM
Outer "B" Pillar cover is what I would refer it to.

2000GA
04-06-2004, 03:41 PM
*iagree*

My brothers sunfire had the same thing happan to him. They are call the b pillar and i think that there is only a couple screws that you have to take out and then you can take them off and drop them off at a body shop.

rizer
04-06-2004, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the help. Now does anyone have any for sale by chance? I take it you unscrew it from the inside of the car?

mr_eh
04-06-2004, 03:46 PM
these come off? i thought they were part of the door, **** im gonna have to take mine off and get them painted black again..

2000GA
04-06-2004, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the help. Now does anyone have any for sale by chance? I take it you unscrew it from the inside of the car?

yeah, i think they are in the window track. i remember him complaining about a screw that fell into the door panel so be careful about that. i can drop him an email and ask him if you want.

rizer
04-06-2004, 05:18 PM
Would it work just chipping all the paint off and using a black B-Pillar Overlays from http://www.grafxwerks.com/products/shop.php?part=GAGT4 ? Dont know if it'll stick/work. Kinda seems like cheating :lol:

AleroME
04-06-2004, 05:56 PM
they unscrew out. on my 4 door, the screws were behind the window gaskets for the side. all you need to do is to pull them back and you should see 2 screws. On the 2 door, I believe the b pillar on the door should have screws behind the window gasket on the side and the other one is behind the trim panels that you'd prolly need to remove in order to get it.