windshield molding [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : windshield molding

Rich
04-09-2004, 07:37 AM
i have the problem with the windshield molding coming up on the driver side. i did a search and i think i found the part number but i just wanted to know what keeps it on there? theres some black sitcky stuff underneath and i didnt know exactly what it is. thanks

Rich
04-14-2004, 07:49 AM
someone said something about it being double sided tape. but i have black stuff. anyone? the winshield molding is coming out and banging against my window when i drive. so any help would be great.

Bob
04-14-2004, 08:25 AM
Mine had some double sided tape and black sticky stuff. When I had mine re-secured, I think they just taped it back in place.

tenspeed
04-14-2004, 09:01 AM
The molding has a small slot at the upper end that a plastic prong slips into. I used black silicon (RTV) to help it.

Rich
04-15-2004, 12:42 PM
ok so i checked out my molding. i saw the little square hole thing in the molding but i didnt see the plastic prong. could it have broke off or am i just not seeing it?

Rich
04-22-2004, 10:43 AM
yeah so i checked out the unbroken side of the windshield molding, saw the plastic prong, and checked the broken side of the windshield molding. its defintly not there. so should i just put the silicon stuff or urethane(i heard its really sticky) or get a new molding piece that has the plastic prong on it? i would take it in to the dealership but i dont want to spend money on labor that i might be able to do myself. thanks