New Tires [Archive] - Forum

View Full Version : New Tires

04-09-2004, 02:33 PM
I'm just about at the end of my original tires (Goodyear Eagle RSAs) and am wondering if anyone can reccommend a different brand. I get that annoying rubbing sound from the Eagles. A mechanic at my dealership didn't have a lot of good things to say about the Eagles when I took it in to figure out what the rubbing noise was. He took the tires off of the rims, and I think coated the tires and rims with silicone before putting them back on. It worked well for quite a while. Is the rubbing sound more a result of the rims or the tires? I've done some reserach and have read some good reviews of the Continental Conti-Extreme, but would like some feedback from GT owners before going ahead and buying 4 new tires.

Any help would be appreciated.

04-09-2004, 02:38 PM
i would link you to the tire database but i not sure how to do it....go under the section that has wheels in the description. there is an entire database on tires. maybe it would be useful to you.

04-09-2004, 02:58 PM

04-09-2004, 04:43 PM
I hear Kumho's perform good and they are cheap.

04-09-2004, 05:32 PM
i put a set of sumitomo on,got them at sears.set of four installed around 420.00.i'm very happy with them,have 12 thousand miles on them now,very good tire for the price

04-11-2004, 08:44 AM
I have the Extreme contacts and love them. Had them about 1 1/2 months. No regrets so far.

04-11-2004, 05:17 PM
I've got sumitomo htr+'s on my car and absolutley love them. affordable prices, handled well in winter and they handle great so far in rain and dry conditions.