What tools do I need??? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : What tools do I need???

eric99gt
04-10-2004, 06:26 AM
I figured I'd make this up for those hard to do projects. Everyone knows the common tools you need to take apart your GA. But what about those special tools. The ones that make your job tremendously easier. Take for example my LIM. Gettin the bolt off on the front left hand side of it was rediculous. I have no idea how I'm going to put this back on with a torque wrench. I could barely get in there with a regular wrench. I'm sure there's a special tool for this but I don't know what it is. So offer up any information guys. List the tool, and what it can be used for.

eric99gt
04-11-2004, 06:46 AM
Wow...no one has any input on this. I thought this would be a helpful topic.

erimar77
04-12-2004, 12:43 AM
I use a breaker bar for lots of things. Since everything just seems to be on there so tight.

arctic
04-13-2004, 08:07 AM
For the 4 bolts on either side of the LIM, I found it to be useful to use a crowsfoot mated to an extension on your torque wrench. Just be absolutely sure that the crows foot is at a 90 degree angle on your torque wrench otherwise it will give the wrench a slight mechanical advantage, thus causing a higher torque on the bolts than previously set...

eric99gt
04-13-2004, 08:14 AM
thanks alot. that's exactly what I was looking for.

Marksman
04-13-2004, 10:33 AM
Pickle forks make suspenion work go MUCh smoother. Used to seperate ball joints and tie rods.

Scooter
04-13-2004, 07:19 PM
Wobble extensions are awesome when you can't quite get a ratchet straight on a bolt or nut.