added problem : broken lug [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : added problem : broken lug

brim
04-10-2004, 01:55 PM
could go on and on with the problems these past 2 days

after finding a replacement rubber gasket for the radiator cap, i decide it's car day, inspect the front brakes. Last time the wheel was taken off was when my front hub was replaced at shop roughly 3-4 months ago. So as I go to take the wheel off, business as usual 4 break free easily, the 5th however, just as soon as i add pressure to it *POP*

The lug comes out with some of the bolt still happily attached

So now it's 4/5 lugs on the driver side front, it's not as if it's freezing out, and I've never had problems with lugs breaking in the past, what could have caused this and what's it gonna take to fix. I've still got the lug nut sittin in the car. Is it safe to drive for now?

Also to add problem to problem, I take the GF's car to Home Depot to find the gasket, get it, go home. Now for some unknown reason the trunk and rear lights are staying on, any idea?

:edit

update to the GF car, toyed with it, something with the brake pedal, pulled it up a bit and 'walah!' lights go off, american pieces of ****!

Easter is a curse :jackson

ViperGTSR
04-10-2004, 02:02 PM
yea u can drive, normally, just not fast around corners and stuff. Go to a NAPA and buy a lug, then hit the old one out with a huge hammer. Put the new one in and draw it tight with an existing lunget, and some washers if u need more length

asepgrad98
04-11-2004, 09:11 AM
you can have the stud replaced for free if you take it back to the guy who put the wheel on last time. he obviously overtightened it.

thehemi
04-11-2004, 06:12 PM
I had a lug replaced by a mechanic for $40.
Tried to do it myself but I could not find the
room behind the rotor to pop it out and all
of my sockets were too small to remove the
hub to get the rotor removed. So I just had
it done by a mechanic quick to save me time.