"Service Vehicle Soon" Light On... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : "Service Vehicle Soon" Light On...

Bowen
04-12-2004, 03:22 AM
Hi, I'm new here and I have a question about a light that just came on a few days ago. My car is a 2000 Grand Am GT1 sedan. The "Service Vehicle Soon" Light came on and in the manual it said that it was caused from either a DRL or ALC malfunction. Now, I know my right front headlight went out and I just want to make sure the only problem I have is my right front light and nothing else. I don't really have the money right now to pay for anything else so that's why I'll just park it and not drive it until the lease is up (if something else is wrong) or if that's the only thing then I can drive it. I know this may sound a bit obvious but I'm not a car guy...just a computer one. :)

My lease is running up in a couple months here and the cars I'm looking at are the 2005 G6, 2005 Mustang GT and the Mazda 3S. I know the Mazda 3 is a bit out of place but I like the reliability of Foreign cars. I know this is probably a moot question since these are the forums for the Grand Am but I'd like to know your opinion on these other cars...thanx!

e2helper
04-12-2004, 05:30 AM
If your ALC function is working and your DRL function kind of works (you mention headlamp out) it seems most likely that Service Vehicle Soon (SVS) telltale is on due to a DRL fault code. Does the SVS light come when it is bright outside but shifter in Park or when it is dark outside? If "NO" to both of those then it is likely coming on due to your burned out headlamp bulb when vehicle goes into DRL mode.

As far as comparison vehicles I know the G6 isn't out yet and so if you are need something in a "couple months" - like June/July timeframe it won't be available. I'm sure someone else knows more specifically when though.

iceman
04-12-2004, 07:25 AM
Your headlight is out... That's where the SVS is from.

Welcome to the forums - topics like this are discussed quite regularly and in the future a search can give you your answers without even needing to make a new thread.

RAPTOR
04-13-2004, 07:15 AM
check your gas cap,make sure it's on tight.if not the light will come on.GM and there wisdom

iceman
04-13-2004, 07:27 AM
check your gas cap,make sure it's on tight.if not the light will come on.GM and there wisdom

That's a service ENGINE soone light not service vehicle soon - 2 distinct things.

TamiGrandAM
04-13-2004, 07:47 AM
It is the headlight... I had the exact same thing on my 01 GASE.. You can drive the car.. no problems there.. ONce you get the headlight replaced.. no more warning light...

Tammy

Bowen
04-14-2004, 11:43 PM
Thanx guys.....that's good to know...at least I won't have to be worried now so when my lease is up I'll be fine.